NameSilo

Dedicated server or cloud hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

exabeesg

Impact
I plan to switch my hosting plan for a better performance. And I am now struggling between dedicated server and cloud hosting. Which should i choose? what are the difference between them? Welcome to share your point of views here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It really depends on what your needs/desires are. You'll get a better value on the server resources with dedicated (more RAM, Disk, Network Speed per dollar), compared to cloud infrastructure. Additionally, you can fully dictate the software and all security settings of the server, so it can be fully optimized for whatever use is needed.

Cloud, on the other hand, is going to provide a high-availability (should be close to 100% uptime), high-redundancy service, which statistically should maximize uptime/minimize the chance of experiencing downtime. Modern cloud architecture has built-in self-healing algorithms to automatically restore your server and all data in the case of failure. There should be really 0% chance of total data loss in a real cloud environment, as your data is incrementally replicated across multiple storage mediums.

That doesn't mean you can't achieve the same results using a dedicated server. You just need to set some backup and redundancy policies yourself. If you're experienced in server administration, you'll get your best value on dedicated hardware.

•••
Really thanks for the sharing! so any hosting providers recommended? It would great for Singapore-based hosting service.

•••
Really thanks for the sharing! so any hosting providers recommended? It would great for Singapore-based hosting service.
I recommend looking at ReadySpace for Singapore...They have both cloud and dedicated servers in Singapore and US

•••

What about your signature?

•••
Server9host expertise in providing with most affordable & reliable Dedicated Servers. US & Europe based flexible high performing dedicated servers with 99.9% Uptime guarantee. Our dedicated servers are fully customized to your specifications.
We provide customized solutions as per the client request & fulfill them accordingly so as to satisfy them.

Our dedicated team of engineers work tirelessly 24x7, to provide robust technology tools, effective communication and escalations at the right time help us to serve our customers.
Dedicated Hosting Deal

Boost Your Dedicated Servers Now!

Get 20 % OFF on Elite Dedicated Servers from US & Europe

Fast Dedicated Servers with Enhanced power & 99.9% Uptime

Use Coupon Code: DSH20OFF

•••
it all comes down to requirements

•••
I wouldn't go with a dedicated server unless you know you need a dedicated server. This would depend on how resource intensive the site(s) is/are as well as what bandwidth and space you'll need.

Cloud hosting can be a great choice, particularly if you're growing or have a site that may need burstable resources due to viral or social campaigns.

I think more detail is necessary to understand what your needs are, but I do have a recommendation.

Personally, I am a fan of Siteground's service. I do have an affiliate link with them, but I recommend their hosting because I use it myself. They have a data center in Singapore.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back