IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Keith DeBoer

BrandableInsider.comTop Member
Impact
I don't know about you but I use GD's bulk search feature several times a day for the past two years. I considered it to be a valuable tool for finding a few flakes of domain gold amid the chaos of stream bed junk. But now it returns a significant number of false positive search results in the form of Premium Domain listings making the tool a big waste of my time.

Here's how it goes........ I copy paste 100 names from my Excel spreadsheet to the GD bulk domain search box. I click 'search' and the tool lists the names that are available for hand reg.
bandicam 2016-01-02 14-46-05-361.jpg

I click Proceed To Checkout. I am then redirected to this generic search page:

bandicam 2016-01-02 14-44-59-920.jpg

What???

When I search for one of the domains individually I discover that the domain(s) is for sale via Premium listing.

bandicam 2016-01-02 14-48-33-896.jpg

But again when I click Proceed To Checkout --so I can at least see the price-- I am redirected to the generic search page.

bandicam 2016-01-02 14-44-59-920.jpg

When I first encountered this problem 2 weeks ago I thought it would get fixed in a day or two. But every day it's the same issue.

This glitch curtails hand regging AND the potential purchase of domains listed in Premium.

This run around needs to be fixed but just as important, there needs to be a way for domainers to be able to opt out of having Premium Domain listings included in their bulk search results when they are looking for domains to hand reg.

Anyone else having this problem?

@Joe Styler, would you like to comment on this?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
oh yes, an increase in the bulk limit would be so sublime! :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back