IT.COM

question DaveBlog.com or DavesBlog.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is better?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi guys

Which is better?

DaveBlog.com or DavesBlog.com?

JohnBlog.com or JohnsBlog.com?

etc

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I must 110% agree with pluralize the name, show ownership. Unless their last name was blog then not lol but from the way your asking definitly "s" to show ownership.

•••
Visit ricksblog.com and you have the answer ;)

•••
•••
I have just received xxxx offer for my domain woodgers.com from....from woodger.com owners.
So yes, I cast my vote for Daves.

•••
•••
I have just received xxxx offer for my domain woodgers.com from....from woodger.com owners.
So yes, I cast my vote for Daves.

Congrats.. GoodLuck with your sale..

•••
I prefer the plural version. Some examples below being used both ways by some very smart people. In my opinion I do believe the plural version sounds ands looks better. No one really speaks in the singular version. John car, Andy bike, Frank boat etc.... We don't speak like that so it looks and sounds odd. It's not Robert house it's Roberts house.

ElliotsBlog.com , Elliot Silver -DomainInvesting.com
RicksBlog.com , Rick Schwartz - self proclaimed Domain King
Tim.blog , new site for Tim Ferris , 4 hour workweek

•••
neither one!
nobody cares about your name but you, hopefully you will write about something interesting, chose your domain accordingly

•••
In this case Dave's blog sounds better than Dave Blog.

Unless you use Daveblogs.com then it would be Dave Blog's.

•••
DaveBlog.com if your last name is "Blog"! ;)

Otherwise if it's a name plus the word blog, then natural English is "Dave's Blog" which = DavesBlog.com

•••
DavesBlog for sure...

@BazooQa - Congrats on ur sale, nicely done!

•••
Dave's makes it personal and shows ownership and sounds better.

•••
DavesBlog for sure...

@BazooQa - Congrats on ur sale, nicely done!

Thank you, though I prefer to run a start up rather than selling, — value of a good startup, based on a good domain name is xxx,xxx

Last edited:
•••
Thank you, though I prefer to run a start up rather than selling, — value of a good startup, based on a good domain name is xxx,xxx

Absolutely, however... keep in mind time&effort invested on a startup vs a domain name - it's all relative :)

•••
Thanks guys.

Plural is the clear winner here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back