IT.COM

DAN seller API

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anf

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I came across this page https://github.com/Undeveloped/api/blob/master/domain_transaction_engine/v1/transaction_api.md

Looks like that DAN can be used to create "BUY NOW" buttons that would redirect to DAN, therefore allowing using DAN for checkouts. Escrow.com has similar option, but I cannot use escrow.com because of country restrictions.

This option from DAN looks quite cool and I would like to try it.
So, I got a couple of questions, @LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM could you please take a look.

1) Do I need an approval from DAN or it can be used straight away?

2)Is there a way to test if api is implemented correctly? ( something like POST /api/integrator/v1/orders/testapi)

3) Can I sell domains in 60 days lock with/without installments (I fine if DAN would hold the money until the lock is released as an insurance). Interested in these registrars:
Godaddy
Namesilo
Epik
NameBright
SAV

4) What's the commission?

5)The page https://github.com/Undeveloped/api/blob/master/domain_transaction_engine/v1/transaction_api.md
with api description says that "first_name", "last_name", "email", "phone" are required. But the provided example of api call does not include these fields. Are these really required?

6)After creating an order using the api, can I browse orders without api, after logging into DAN?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With 1000+ sales per year they refused it to me.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I dont know, I'll setup something's else in a short time.
If you don't mind, what solution are you looking into? I cannot use Escrow.com because of country restrictions, and I have not found another similar service.

•••
Not sure for the moment, I will probably test a lander with dan+afternic+sedo+stripe. Customer will choose his prefered service.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Sedo minimum fee for External Transfer Service is 60 USD/EUR - no any sense to order it when you sell your domains below $500...

So use their regular marketplace via API, where plain 10% (if BuyNow&Parked) and 15% fee.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo minimum fee for External Transfer Service is 60 USD/EUR
That would not be a problem for domains starting with $1,200, but I have not found an api function that would start an escrow transaction.

•••
LiveChat or email/DM @Sedo to add API commands for their External Transfer Service (3% or min. 60 USD/EUR)...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back