NameSilo

discuss Current LLLL market Situation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We all have seen how the LLLL domains raised in last couple of months and at the moment we all are not sure that what's next going to happen to LLLL domain market.
We just saw it grow almost 4 times in reseller pricing and now i personally feel as the price hike has stopped and stabilizing at this point
I wanted to know your all opinion on uture of LLLL domain market as well as your comment on current market situation

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was few reductions of 1-2% at most, less than 5% total.

•••
The LLLL market is strong, get some quality ones before the prices go higher....

•••
HiI dont think whether LLLL is a safe investment, anytime .com can lose it value, then LLLL.com cant sustain. may be the current price trend is a bubble...

•••
HiI dont think whether LLLL is a safe investment, anytime .com can lose it value, then LLLL.com cant sustain. may be the current price trend is a bubble...

to my eyes quality one could be a nice investment, i remark quality one like also @Compassion said first.
Here when i talk about quality ones i do not mean CVCV (that are another sky level) but other lower pattern but readable or well used achronims.

•••
LLLL.com sales for me so far...........

Sold CBDO.com 2 weeks ago for $4000 to (Andrew Rosener) MediaOptions.
(See DNJournal.com sales info)

Sold - wswu.com for $1500 in May 2015 - (Australian buyer)
Sold - bmaq.com for $3000 in 2014 - (US buyer)
Sold - waqu.com for $5500 in 2012 - (Chinese buyer)
Sold - wtru.com for $4500 in 2009 - (US buyer)

They are definately rising in value

•••
I don't think it's that way. Go to GD expired auctions to see yourself that there are virtually NO LISTS of LLLLs to buy except for those listed by the owners.

then probably you should research the industry you are part of a bit better

It all depends on the characters in those names. No aeiouv for that price is a great deal...with them...it might not be.
Hi sorry can you enlighten me on the significance of NOT buying LLLL's with AEIOUV? I keep seeing it alot all over the please in domainer "ville" Newbie here

•••
If you want to hop on the 4L Chinese domain craze here is how it works:

Typically the Chinese domain buyers like balance.

With 4L's the LLLL is divided in half like LL | LL.

So the reason why BJXT sold for $5k was that BJ | XT could stand for any business in Beijing (BJ) using the letters XT. SInce X is a very premium letter, and highly used in PinYin it's not a stretch to assume that a business uses the abbreviation XT based in Beijing.

So was it worth $5k, yes... will they sell it for a profit... yes. I've dipped into $5k LLLL's before, not a fan of the profit margins but who know how much anyone will pay at any given time.

Letters not to buy A,E,I,O,U,V... but why?

These letters/sounds typically don't appear in Chinese PinYin; they don't make any words for them. So BVXT no longer makes any sense for a Chinese buyer.

Of course this is NOT the standard for English speaking 4L buying. Typiclaly English speakers love pronounceable or exact match 4L's - like WERK that sounds like WORK which sold for $200k+.

Let's be real with ourselves when we are saying things are 'premium' and 'pronounceable'. Thats why people use CVCV as a purchasing guide, because typically 4L's that are CVCV can be pronounceable within our language.

Now LICQ sounds like Lick, thats a pronounceable brandable domain.

You should also use the mentality that the Chinese buyers use when buying 4L's... what could my 4L say, or be an acronym for?

'Z' and 'X' 4L's could be picked up for cheap a few years ago because in the English language, those letters don't make many good words.

The A,E,I,O,U,V does not apply for English buyers. Which is good because you can pickup 4L.com A,E,I,O,U,V domains on the cheap because people are being told that they are 'bad' - they aren't.

As with all domains, justify your buys with logic. I hope this helps.
Disregard my question this post answered it nicely thanks

•••
Hi sorry can you enlighten me on the significance of NOT buying LLLL's with AEIOUV? I keep seeing it alot all over the please in domainer "ville" Newbie here

I am not sure I understand your question...

•••
CVCV (C=consonant, V=vowel) with 4 premium letters are the best you can find.
LLLL without AEIOUV are good. They are called Chinese Premium.
VCVC are great too.
Quad Premium ..
... anything pronouncable...

•••
Man now I feel real stupid for letting go and forgetting to renew TGOR.com although O is in there. but the price now for it is $7900. is that a realistic price for it? if so why? and why isn't the O affecting the price? why is it still so high? the age? I bought it back in 2003. damn!

•••
I am not sure I understand your question...
It's ok someone already cleared things up for me. I get it not much demand from chinese for llll.com's because not much characters starting with those letters. I get it now.

•••
Man now I feel real stupid for letting go and forgetting to renew TGOR.com although O is in there. but the price now for it is $7900. is that a realistic price for it? if so why? and why isn't the O affecting the price? why is it still so high? the age? I bought it back in 2003. damn!
It's a quad premium LLLL, it's definitely not a bad one, but the price is unrealistic imo..

•••
oic ic thanks now I don't feel so bad so how much you think they could sell it for? ( i don't even know why I'm asking.lol it's not mines anymore!lol)

•••
oic ic thanks now I don't feel so bad so how much you think they could sell it for? ( i don't even know why I'm asking.lol it's not mines anymore!lol)
The reseller price for this type of domains is $500 - $1000 atm.

•••
Since this discussion is about LLLL domains and since these domains are popular with Chinese investors then I think I can ask this here.

what about these chinese IDN ext's with the LLL like:

LLL.中国 - .China
or
LLL.在线 - .Online
or

LLL.中文网 - .website
or
NNN.中国 - .China
or
NNN.在线 - .Online
or
NNN.中文网 - .website

Alot of them seems to be taken. just saying since it's chinese investor's buying these short domains and since essentially only Chinese investors will buy them could these be the next how do you call it "land grab?"

•••
wow d
The reseller price for this type of domains is $500 - $1000 atm.
wow! damn! that's huge mark up. thanks! now I don't feel so bad but could they get lucky and sell it over in china domain auction for that target price?

•••
wow d

wow! damn! that's huge mark up. thanks! now I don't feel so bad but could they get lucky and sell it over in china domain auction for that target price?
Yes they could get lucky and get more, but certainly not in a chinese market, this is the typical LLLL that is premium specifically to the non-chinese market.

•••
•••
Any update on current market?

•••
Chinese Premium - 1000+
Poor letters - 200 (+/- $15)
Triple premium - $250- $300
Repeated letters - $350-$450
English Quad Premium - $750 and above
Poor CVCV ( having V , Q like letters making them non pronouncable) - $900
CVCV.com - $4000+ (feba.com was exception though)

All my observations, please do correct me as I am no expert but was buying, selling, trading them frequently for past few days

•••

What is english Premium means.

•••

What is english Premium means.
English premium letter only (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M,N, O, P, R, S, T)

•••
Chinese Premium - 1000+
Poor letters - 200 (+/- $15)
Triple premium - $250- $300
Repeated letters - $350-$450
Poor CVCV ( having V , Q like letters making them non pronouncable) - $900
CVCV.com - $4000+ (feba.com was exception though)

All my observations, please do correct me as I am no expert but was buying, selling, trading them frequently for past few days

pretty much on point observation Chetan. Thanks for sharing :)

•••
English premium letter only (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M,N, O, P, R, S, T)

it's incorrect, it has been years that we debated this, both in English and in other languages, if you really want to call some letters "PREMIUM", then the vowel U is there:

http://www.math.cornell.edu/~mec/2003-2004/cryptography/subs/frequencies.html

http://homepages.math.uic.edu/~leon/mcs425-s08/handouts/char_freq.pdf

Some people instead keep repeating forever what some guy from the 3chars website stated once. No matter how much evidence we throw at them about the letter U, they just repeat the same incorrect data.

•••
it's incorrect, it has been years that we debated this, both in English and in other languages, if you really want to call some letters "PREMIUM", then the vowel U is there:

http://homepages.math.uic.edu/~leon/mcs425-s08/handouts/char_freq.pdf

Some people instead keep repeating forever what some guy from the 3chars website stated once. No matter how much evidence we throw at them about the letter U, they just repeat the same incorrect data.

Frequency of letters in the English Language is different from the frequency of first letters of a word in the English language.

Relative frequencies of the first letters of a word in the English language

The first letter of an English word, from most to least common:

s a c m p r t b f g d l h i e n o w u v j k q y z x

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back