IT.COM

domain Cryptoasset360.com - What are your thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact

Any good as a business name?

I think it looks cool, and 360 has a great selling record.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
The rule is: there should be no similar trademarks in the same niche (similar goods or services).

So, as long as the trademark owners using the symbol/numbers 360 are offering different goods and services PLUS they even have additional words partnered with 360, they're safe.

Here's a link to the 360 example: https://trademarks.justia.com/search?q=360

•••
The rule is: there should be no similar trademarks in the same niche (similar goods or services).

So, as long as the trademark owners using the symbol/numbers 360 are offering different goods and services PLUS they even have additional words partnered with 360, they're safe.

Thanks a lot for this, I myself wasn't sure but thought I'd take a punt here. I hate trying to figure out TM law.

Cryptoassets or Cryptographic Assets, are still being defined, so will have to hold the name for a while. At least until regulation is in place regarding clarification on Token Types etc.

Exciting times!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
Yes 360 is a great addition to any business, end to end solutions, full improvement.

Wonder if potential trademark infringement cases may arise in case a business operates under 360 names.

Any thoughts?

@DomainFQ.com @domainventure @domainnameseo @BestDomains2828 #expert #advice #trademark #law #360

360 is a generally a generic term. It is used a lot for branding as in 360 degrees, like full circle.

Still I don't see much value in this domain really. I have owned and sold a handful of 360 domains and they are all top single word terms. I think you really need a stronger lead term to have much value.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think it looks cool, and 360 has a great selling record.

I think you're looking at past sales in the wrong way, if using them to create new domain names

you can't just take a suffix, and add it to a two word name, thinking it adds instant value just because names with "360" in them have sold in the past

the name should make sense as a whole

imo...

•••
360 is a generally a generic term. It is used a lot for branding as in 360 degrees, like full circle.

Still I don't see much value in this domain really. I have owned and sold a handful of 360 domains and they are all top single word terms. I think you really need a stronger lead term to have much value.

Brad

Just wondering, once cryptoassets become institutionalized, with banks, building societies, incorporating them into their services, it'll become the equivalent of securities or capital?

Once, this is the case (and it's happening right now,) can you see it having value? Like, would insurance360.com, hospitality360.com, finance360.com (all of which are industries, like the Cryptoasset industry is) share the same value?

•••
I think you're looking at past sales in the wrong way, if using them to create new domain names

you can't just take a suffix, and add it to a two word name, thinking it adds instant value just because names with "360" in them have sold in the past

the name should make sense as a whole

imo...

I agree with you, words like babblement360 or kitchenware360 might not have value since their isn't a 360 solution necessary. Cryptoasset is a single word, so no suffix.

Also, it could be connected to words like marketing and exchange-trading (Security Token Offering Marketing or Cryptocurrency Exchange Trading fall under Cryptoassets services) which is where the 360-solution would work

As a whole, I find it to be sound, and I'm not the only domainer. There are scores of extensions to Cryptoasset on the GoDaddy auction platform priced 15-20 thousand +. Like CryptoassetBrokerage, CryptoassetAdvisors, CryptoassetBrokers.

I have a few, as you can see in my signature, only because I think the word will be likened to 'securities'

E.g. SecuritiesFinancing -> CryptoassetFinancing & SecuritiesMarketing (IPO's) -> CryptoassetMarketing

Of course, this is simply speculation at best. The word Cryptoasset used to be called Cryptographic asset. Though I guess, as a hand reg kinda person, I have to be looking ahead and watching, and maybe hit something real cool haha

•••
Cryptoasset is a single word,

it's not a single word
asset is a single word, so crypto would be the prefix

at best, it's a compound word or just two words together, where the prefix describes what kind of asset it is

I find it to be sound, and I'm not the only domainer. There are scores of extensions to Cryptoasset on the GoDaddy auction platform priced 15-20 thousand +. Like CryptoassetBrokerage, CryptoassetAdvisors, CryptoassetBrokers.

because there are similar names listed for sale at those price ranges, doesn't mean they will sell for those amounts.

to me, when the value of digital currencies fluctuates as much as they have, then it's not really an asset...
but more of a gamble

still, i'm not the one who has to see value in your name, it's the potential buyer.

but since you have that much confidence, then maybe you should renew it for another 5 years in advance.

imo...

•••
I still say crypto360 or something analogous would be the only viable option here.

•••
You're right, a compound word is what I meant to say. Single word, but a compound word.

Cryptocurrencies, or Exchange Tokens (Bitcoin etc) being their formal name, are only a part of the picture. And besides, Stablecoins along with many Exchange Tokens, are evolving. I dislike Bitcoin and only see it as a short-term medium of exchange. More of a commodity for now, and it has to transform into something more than a decentralized currency.

Just to touch on the scene, look at Security Tokens.
Image being a small business, and wanting to fund a second store. Security Token Offerings (which will be incredibly more cheaper than an IPO) will be a way a business can issue tokens, and they may have an equity stake, be the borrower so receive monthly "coupon payments" and upon maturity the principal back, or simply be guaranteed a percentage in the stores profits. They are going to be huge!

This is only one part of the Cryptoasset phenom, and I won't bore you with the rest.

I haven't renewed because I'm not sure if I want the member discount package with GoDaddy. The discount will break even at 18 registrations. I'm not sure how many I'm registering, and with which registry. But I will soon. A comfortable 10 year hold for me, that's a given haha

*As it is still speculation, you may seem right so far, in regards to brandability. Only one TM for Cryptoasset/s. It was US, and has expired. So it isn't looking too good for me, but I'll roll the dice here.

•••
I still say crypto360 or something analogous would be the only viable option here.

I'd say CryptocurrencyTrading, CryptoTrading & CryptoassetTrading are fairly alike. The same could be said for CryptocurrencyExchange, CryptoExchange & CryptoassetExchange in my opinion.

Cryptoassets like Security Tokens, or Cryptocurrencies require marketing, support financing, can be mined, can form part of a brokerages approved product list. Cryptoasset360 is a sound service name, and Crypto360 is definitely a service name too.

But remember (yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction) it's the Cryptoasset Industry, not the Crypto Industry.

•••
I'd say CryptocurrencyTrading, CryptoTrading & CryptoassetTrading are fairly alike. The same could be said for CryptocurrencyExchange, CryptoExchange & CryptoassetExchange in my opinion
No intended disrespect but this is incredibly inaccurate.

CryptoTrading/CryptoExchange (.com) are on different PLANETS from cryptocurrency/cryptocoin/cryptoasset/cryptotoken -- you name it.

I also fundamentally disagree with you regarding Bitcoin. I'm not being bold enough saying that you're truly wrong to short it long term.

Just register these names and see what interest/traffic you get. You will be surprised if you think you're going to be rewarded well.

•••
I'd also say that if I were hell-bent as an enduser to have "cryptoasset" included in my brand, there are a million and one other viable keywords to use other than 360, and would surely be available for registration given the terms lack of popularity and liquidity compared to other options.

•••
No intended disrespect but this is incredibly inaccurate.

CryptoTrading/CryptoExchange (.com) are on different PLANETS from cryptocurrency/cryptocoin/cryptoasset/cryptotoken -- you name it.

I also fundamentally disagree with you regarding Bitcoin. I'm not being bold enough saying that you're truly wrong to short it long term.

Just register these names and see what interest/traffic you get. You will be surprised if you think you're going to be rewarded well.

I wasn't comparing CryptoTrading with CryptoExchange. I was Comparing CryptoTrading with CryptocurrencyTrading & CryptoassetTrading. The same goes for the 'Exchange' example.

I can also acknowledge your difference in opinion of Cryptoasset being used in a brand name.

The same was probably said in the developmental stages of capital markets, with securities being issued... Or even now, the words Digital Asset... Oh wait lol

•••
What thoughts on CryptoCurrenciesApp.com?

Btw, 360 is a very nice suffix for end to end solutions/services

•••
What thoughts on CryptoCurrenciesApp.com?

Btw, 360 is a very nice suffix for end to end solutions/services

I not too shabby mate. You've done well. Right now there are so many crypto names I just want to buy them all. Like, WorldCryptoasset/& s.com & CryptoassetVenture.com etc are available right now. 123SecurityToken.com in my opinion is also be a good one. This is currently available too. I want to buy them all, but I have to stick to my monthly budget hahaha

Anyway, sweet score bro, and happy hunting :D

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back