Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

chanta

Established Member
Impact
A wiki for CRISPR/Cas9 tech.

Please appraise this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this relating to Wikipedia? The Wiki part

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Wikipedia is a trademark owned by the Wikimedia Foundation ...the domain is dead, sadly
Wiki is an English word tho. There is wiki for all sorts of things. There is even a "List of wikis" on wikipedia.

•••
@chanta That is true, but you did just say "Yes, something like Wikipedia but for CRISPR" ...doesn't help the defence

I'm not a trademark buff, but these things can be pretty dicey

•••
@chanta That is true, but you did just say "Yes, something like Wikipedia but for CRISPR" ...doesn't help the defence

I'm not a trademark buff, but these things can be pretty dicey
Which is why I wrote "Wiki for CRISPR" in the first place. Maybe you misunderstood and Enlish isn't my first language.

•••
Mmm. Even if you are safe, I'm not so convinced on the domain ...but love gene editing

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
There are long established databases and technical portals devoted to this amazing technology and related sciences, most using .gov, .org, or .edu etc.

I'm not sure that a new site or portal is needed, especially in a commercial (.com) extension.

•••
I wouldn't touch anything that with a high probability could be copyrighted.
That's an extremely thin ice there even if you are right regarding multiple ''wiki'' words - these kinds of names simply are not worth fighting for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back