Impact
Appraise crazy IDN:

mp3♪.com

punycode:xn--mp3-my5a.com

mp3♫.com

punycode:xn--mp3-qy5a.com

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its a free world you can do as you wish , but there are many good generic IDN's available, this is not a true IDN , Please invest wisley thanks Genius

•••
It sure does look cool, but your options are severely limited with this one.

•••
Yep. This would be a fantastic domain if you had a tight web site setup and easy to use links pointing to it.

Be sure to have a big BOOKMARK US link as well when they finally do click it ;)

•••
Oh again. The sex symbol and then the copyright symbol and now the music symbol. No one will type it in the url to go to these sites.

•••
I think there may be opportunities for good investment with IDN's, but I would avoid ones that are simply special characters attached to English words. These kind of IDN's are pretty much unmarketable and unusable.

Best of luck,

RJ

•••
fab said:
Oh again. The sex symbol and then the copyright symbol and now the music symbol. No one will type it in the url to go to these sites.

fab:I understand but I like unique IDN and that’s it I register thus for unique and fun but thanks.

Thanks guys.

•••
Frankly these domains irritate the hell out of me. We are undergoing one of the greatest revolutions the Internet will ever see, and these domains epitomise the US perspective. You guys just don't seem to get it, or even begin to realise the potential. The big ASCII investors are extrapolating their earnings into the future because they see internet usage being rolled out globally. What they don't see is that most of their assumed traffic growth just isn't coming their way. It will be "stolen" away by IDN. I can only assume that this is why some are so hostile. They feel a threat but don't know how to respond.

This is probably the biggest and last opportunity for Joe Slow to make some real money. Why waste time with this nonsense, that nobody has even figured out how it will ever get typed in. Nobody is going to do the development because the number of users can be counted on both hands.

•••
Crazy idn mp3♪.com & mp3♫.com

To be more irritated here is another:

poker♠.com

punycode: xn--poker-lr1c.com

hehehe

•••
•••
I wouldn't be surprised if MP3.com sends you a C&D in a few years heh

•••
The names would be cool if the market offered an IDN keyboard. Somebody please run with that idea!

•••
IDN isn't a "kind of keyboard" or "kind of" anything

It's a way for people to type in domain names in their native characterset.

Truthfully some people like these novelty domains. They can't easily be typed in that's the difference. If you personally like collecting domains, just for some reason then yeah keep on spending $6 to $8 per year to register these.

If you are registering to resell to anyone then I would look in a total different direction. People are trying to tell you to don't waste your money. When you are spending $50 to $100 a year for names that never sell, it's not fun anymore is it?

•••
Olney said:
IDN isn't a "kind of keyboard" or "kind of" anything

It's a way for people to type in domain names in their native characterset.

Totally agree.

•••
camaleon said:
Appraise crazy IDN:

mp3♪.com

punycode:xn--mp3-my5a.com

mp3♫.com

punycode:xn--mp3-qy5a.com

Thanks.

It should be very eye catching in google if you could climb to top ranks. Anyway, do you know google could read it properly or not?

•••
thaiboy said:
It should be very eye catching in google if you could climb to top ranks. Anyway, do you know google could read it properly or not?

Yes they do show in google.

The way to do this is:

1. Register a good 1 character symbol domain. (Oups, most are gone!) Buy one.

2. Regsiter the equivalent spelled out. Like eightballsymbol.com

3. Advertise the symbol domain on TV. If it is iconic it can become your brand.

Also run in smaller type, and in a voice over the name of the symbol.

:)

•••
I'm sorry to say this but if I was running TV commercials in "English" I would not want to have a novelty IDN domain. They do show up, just like other IDNs..

What TV commercial do you see that could benefit from using a nontypable symbol? If it's a dollar sign & you just type the dollar sign in regularly & get it. That's different.

This is a bit different from the general use of IDNs but the TV idea doesn't exactly fit the average domainer or even web site developer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back