Dynadot

.de COuntry domain (.cn, .uk, .de, .fr, etc)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I read some articles in internet, looks like the trend for buying domain begin going to .de, .cn, .uk etc

1. IS it good for short term investment or for long term?

2. Which best register for europe domain and how about .cn domain?

3. I heard there are several restriction for europe domain registration. Do we have to be europe resident to register?

4. Which registrar that support multilanguage for registration (let say in chinese character or germany, france, etc) ?

5. Which one is better using native language for the domain name or use english anme for germany, chinese, or France?

Anybody knows and experience....

Regards,
Joe

:gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can answer to question 3 and 5 for the .fr ccTLD like I'm french.

From 11th May 2004, anyone who can be identified on-line in official national databases (companies, the self-employed, associations listed in the INSEE directory, trademark owners...), may register the domain name of one's choice, without compliance anymore with the terms of any legal document.

And for the question 5, I think it's better using native language witch .fr if you plan on resell it to french people...

David.

•••
Thanks Dgaussin, so basically
for #3, has to be France resident or have open company in France regardless your location/nationality or what? I don't understand from that quote?

#5 Good info, thanks. But looks like for register .fr still expensive, is it?

Joe

•••
The quote had taken from the french nic, I hoped their english could be better than mine :) But to answer your question, yes, you have to France resident or have a company with french address.

And yes, it's most expensive. The best price I found is 20€, so $24...

David.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back