Dynadot

Could not transfer a domain to Network Solutions because NSOL claimed was ICANN suspended domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
I sold a domain I hold at DynaDot (DD) to a buyer whose registrar was Network Solutions (NSOL). Gave him the authorization code. When he gave the code to NSOL, they wouldn't follow through with the transfer, and gave him this message:

Xs10sHZl.jpg

and this one:

IplpJZAl.png

and told him that the domain had been suspended by ICANN due to some issue with the WhoIs info.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the domain WhoIs, which was the exact same WhoIs as all of my domains, with correct address, phone number, email all verified and valid, etc.

I checked with DD support too, and they saw no issue with ICANN / WhoIs, and noted that the domain was transfer UNlocked and ready to go. I sell/transfer about one domain a week out of my DD account, all with the exact same WhoIs.

I did send an inquiry to ICANN (have not heard back) but rather than waste further time, buyer created a DD account and I simply pushed the domain over to him from my DD. No issues.

Obviously if the domain had been ICANN suspended (what nonsense!) I could not have transferred it at all.

NSOL is a bunch of idiots as far as I am concerned. I've had problems with them in the past just trying to transfer domains out from them, and they routinely ignore transfer requests.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back