TheOwner

Mister Three LetterEstablished Member
Impact
ok i sold a domain that i have reg'd
with godaddy. now i am going to
transfer that over to the buyers account
IS THERE A FEE FOR THIS!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the person who bought your domain has a godaddy acount, NO, but if you push it to another register, depends on wich one! Hope that helps!

:wave:

•••
^indeed it does. thank you once again zac.

•••
No problem, anything to help a fellow Namepros member!

:tu:

•••
Isn't is as simple as changing the admin contact data to the buyer's name and address? That's the way I did it for the only domain I ever sold, and didn't get any complaints...( it was a few years ago so maybe it's changed now..)

•••
if you do that it would still be in your account, what is to stop you changing the details in future to stop the person moving it.

The buyer does not have proper control until it is in their account (how would they change things like nameservers etc)

•••
simonj said:
Isn't is as simple as changing the admin contact data to the buyer's name and address? That's the way I did it for the only domain I ever sold, and didn't get any complaints...( it was a few years ago so maybe it's changed now..)
Yes but if you are transfering the name to other registrar, transfer fee is aplicable

•••
This was the days before accounts, everything was done via emails back and forth with Internic!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back