Dynadot

.tv ".com is so yesterday!"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Cyber Journalist.com reports...

Newspaper launches HamptonRoads.tv

"The Virginian-Pilot has launched a video-only Web site named HamptonRoads.tv, one of the more ambitious attempts at producing online video for a newspaper site."

http://hamptonroads.tv

I love their slogan.... ".com is so yesterday"

This is a very good sign... IMHO (as the owner of TownCrier.TV and TheHill.tv -both existing newspapers)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eyedomainous said:
Cyber Journalist.com reports...

Newspaper launches HamptonRoads.tv

"The Virginian-Pilot has launched a video-only Web site named HamptonRoads.tv, one of the more ambitious attempts at producing online video for a newspaper site."

http://hamptonroads.tv

I love their slogan.... ".com is so yesterday"

This is a very good sign... IMHO (as the owner of TownCrier.TV and TheHill.tv -both existing newspapers)

Nice to see them back up the rhetoric. The slogan wouldn't have had the same effect if their site wasn't "media rich".

•••
Yep. Premium .TV names will be able to command some very high prices within a year or 2. I've been extending the reg' time for my most precious .TV names to avoid any absent-minded drops, etc.

AmCy
"The .TV Evangelist"

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
Yep. Premium .TV names will be able to command some very high prices within a year or 2. I've been extending the reg' time for my most precious .TV names to avoid any absent-minded drops, etc.

AmCy
"The .TV Evangelist"

Being at the right place at the right time is a pretty cool thing.

One thing to keep in mind. Rich media will not only be on dot TV sites, but others as well. For instance, I could easily have a TV show called "Anywhere Biz". The URL for it would be "www.anywhere.biz". (NOTE: .biz is used heavily on the financial shows here in the US). Although www.Anywhere.TV would be a great name to have, it wouldn't quite fit into my business model or help brand the show.

What I'm saying is that the "evolution" of TV could open doors for some of the ALT's like .info and .biz or even .pro. (ex: Show about wedding planners called Wedding PRO====> www.wedding.pro)

Now I'm not saying everyone should begin to speculate on .info and .biz because of this, however if you have an existing portfolio of such names, the new technologies coming about may give you opportunities the ".com only" internet based model wouldn't.

•••
Keep on Dreamin, Dot Com Do Rule........

IMO : )

When your web browser start putting .TV at the end of something you entered in your browser after you press the CTRL key and The Enter key then i will agree with you....

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

•••
111111z said:
Keep on Dreamin, Dot Com Do Rule........

.COMMIE alert! Release the hounds! :hehe:

AmCy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back