Dynadot

question .Com.Co Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tryjake

Established Member
Impact
Hello and I hope all are having a great day! If anyone sees this I would appreciate any direction or words of help. I haven’t made time to read like I should do may have missed the obvious!? I’m curious if anyone knows what a .com.co is considered when there is a .com already for a key very popular and common one word.com ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is equivalent to .my and com.my

.co is to .my
com.co is to .com.my

Some people use the .my for their website and for email the .com.my

Some people value the shorter ccTLD more but some prefer the ccTLD with com

Personally, .com.my looks more like a country derivative of com and more people actually know the com.my more than .my only

I guess its better if you own both.

•••
Thank you so much for the reply.

That’s interesting. It makes great sense in the example.

do you know what businesses do when someone else owns the .com and not the .com.co ? I just ask because I have a few that have a .com same name in use. I wasn’t trying to copy anyone just knew they were good names.

•••
I have seen same name business.com.xx and business.xx but both are not the same owner. Different businesses. Different sites. Sometimes the other is just a landing page or for sale. I think the content matters not the domain name unless the name itself is trademarked in the country.

In the UK, I think recently when you buy the .uk you will also own the .co.uk. Not sure how it works though.

•••
I am not sure why so many folks are down on .com.co

I know it's a subdomain extension, but didn't Software.com.co just sell for 25k?

Plenty of killer one word .com.co domains left.

•••
Sorry I haven’t been here in a while. im not down on them! I missed that sale of software, com .co That’s a nice sale!

I will have to try and look it up.

•••
It's worthless as an investment.

•••
.Com.co is the TLD for Colombia. Average wages in Colombia are much lower than in developed markets which leads to an extreme bias toward reg fee registrations.

•••
•••
.Com.co is the TLD for Colombia. Average wages in Colombia are much lower than in developed markets which leads to an extreme bias toward reg fee registrations.
What do you mean about bias? In what way?

•••
Thanks all for the responses and I am somewhat familiar with the economy of Colombia.

But I always wonder if there is alaways some market/value for the 'top' words in almost any extension

Somebody thought other than the prevailing wisdom when they regged Software.com.co, didnt they,

If you could Reg Sex.com co or Laptops or Business, Homes in .com.co, wouldn't you?

•••
Yes I certainly would. That’s why I have naked.com. Co Matching.com. Co and a handful of others!!!

I have other things similar in .es or other extensions?

i agree also. I wonder about other extensions also for a good word. like toys.com, for example, is toys .network worth a lot?

Thanks all for the responses and I am somewhat familiar with the economy of Colombia.

But I always wonder if there is alaways some market/value for the 'top' words in almost any extension

Somebody thought other than the prevailing wisdom when they regged Software.com.co, didnt they,

If you could Reg Sex.com co or Laptops or Business, Homes in .com.co, wouldn't you?

•••
Yes I certainly would. That’s why I have naked.com. Co Matching.com. Co and a handful of others!!!

Just for reference, I believe "Software" is used/spelt in Spanish-speaking (and more) countries the exact same way it is in English as it is an invented term so it makes more sense on a .com.co than a standard English word

Last edited:
•••
My wife is from Colombia and there is a reasonable possibility that ten years from now I may be living in Medellin or Cartagena. I have a few .com.co domains. I don't believe registering dozens of English keywords with .com.co is going to work out well. But just like newbies who have 90%+ new tld portfolios, do what you want. Five years later you will be dropping most of those domains.

•••
Waste of money. Look at data.com.co, it dropped, and a newbie bought it 18 day ago.

•••
I think the problem I am having or what I'm trying to recolcile is WHY did software.com.co sell for 25k?

I don't think it was a developed site. Just the domain, right?

I think Data.com.co could be another big sale.

Why not take the chance? 19.99/year right? Hold for 2 years?

$40 bet. Right? Like slots..you MIGHT hit the jackpot.

These would be considered the high risk names in a portfolio. Like one or two way out of the money Options.

Last edited:
•••
Just for reference, I believe "Software" is used/spelt in Spanish-speaking (and more) countries the exact same way it is in English as it is an invented term so it makes more sense on a .com.co than a standard English word
Now that is interesting.

I thought software in Spanish was

Programa

But maybe for business use it is actually 'Software'

Can anyone confirm this?

•••
Can anyone confirm this

It’s a common thing with new age words like “computer”, “jeans”, “software”. In Italian those words are 100% the same, I’m near certain in Spanish too.

Newbies should stick to .com - no investors need be throwing their money away on obscure extensions because of a 20k sale that happened 8 years ago.

If you wanna shoot for the moon on a handreg budget it would be better to research the story of the 6 figure sale of CognitiveAutomation.com

Last edited:
•••
Now that is interesting.

I thought software in Spanish was

Programa

But maybe for business use it is actually 'Software'

Can anyone confirm this?

( Programa Informático) = Software , we use both but the anglicism is commonly used .

•••
I think the problem I am having or what I'm trying to recolcile is WHY did software.com.co sell for 25k?

I don't think it was a developed site. Just the domain, right?

I think Data.com.co could be another big sale.

Why not take the chance? 19.99/year right? Hold for 2 years?

$40 bet. Right? Like slots..you MIGHT hit the jackpot.

These would be considered the high risk names in a portfolio. Like one or two way out of the money Options.
I had never seen it before until recently. If I can get a good 5 letter dictionary word on my list I can’t pass that up....

kind of like .nom.co - I don’t know what it is so I have a few that will hopefully get me to take time to research them a little!

•••
Back