IT.COM

.co.uk???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Are .co.uk any good??? I always believed that they were wroth nothing, but good for UK businesses. Can you sell .co.uk domains?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
Yes i've sold quite a few .co.uk's..... on eBay..
For UK people they are as good as .com's.

•••
Tom,

I am just going through my first .co.uk sale at present and it is definitely much more timeconsuming than a .com / net etc as the transfer cannot be done electronically.

You have to contact Nominet (can be done by email) who then post out the required transfer form, to be completed and sent to the purchaser along with a written letter as well confirming your agreement for the name to be transferred. The buyer then has to fill out their part of the form, add their confirmatory letter agreeing to the transfer and send off the transfer fee to Nominet (the fee can be paid by either party but in a Sedo brokered transaction they insist that the buyer makes the payment). Only then can the name be transferred. Heaven help anyone who sells a .co.uk to someone outside the UK!!!!!

This sale was brokered through Sedo and they take a massive £100 ($180) minimum fee for a .co.uk sale but even so I will still have made a profit (not huge in £ terms but reasonable in % of purchase price as .co.uk names can be cheap to register).

Good luck if you decide to try your luck with .co.uk names.

DavidH

•••
uk is one of the most popular cctlds today, along with .de, .ca

i dont own any .co.uk's but its a market that i would get into

•••
I'm hesitant at the moment, just because of the always present chance that .uk will become available for broad-based regs and .co.uk will drop.
-Allan

•••
what does broad-based regs? Which do you reg your .co.uk?

•••
stscac said:
i dont own any .co.uk's but its a market that i would get into

I have a lot of .co.uk's but I'm a little worried that the introduction of 2LD .uk in the coming years might give the former a shiner. :notme:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back