Dominion.Domains

.CO - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Labeled as .co in ccTLD Discussion started by SDX, Apr 9, 2009.

Replies:
Views:

1. John Napoletano

John Napoletano JohnNapoletano.com Gold Account

CBD.co $50,000 reported on DNJournal. I don't see it listed on NameBio.

"...acronym's meaning in the rapidly growing legal marijuana industry (CBD stands for "cannabidiol" that, along with THC, is one of two key compounds in cannabis that have proven medicinal value). CBD.co has already been developed into a marketplace for CBD based products."

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Domainstore

Domainstore Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In the link of DNJOURNAL SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT HAS BEEN MENTIONED. ALSO =>
    http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2018/20180627.htm
    .CO has had a good run since the re-purposed ccTLD began a new life in 2010 as a globally available domain marketed as an abbreviation for "company" (officially, .CO is the country code for Colombia but authorities there approved the switch to its current use).

And with the selling of CBD.CO it's the first LLL.CO to reach a sale
    of 50.000 $ (or 50K)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  3. LeapNames

LeapNames LeapNames.com Gold Account

.co is intriguing to me.
    I just picked up some 1 worders the other day during a $1.99 sale for the first time.

Cruncher .co
    Punisher .co
    Versatility .co
    Boiled .co
    Hustled .co
    Crashed .co
    Receiving .co

As someone unfamiliar with the market do you .co guys think there's any value here?

4. MarkedMarket

MarkedMarket Established Member

First of all, you will always be competing with .com domains and cctlds, and also with domains that are more descriptive (BoiledEggs.com vs Boiled.co).

Secondly, you might consider your domains to be 1 worders, but they are mostly verb variations (Crunch.co, Crash.co, Receive.co and Versatile.co would be more valuable and a more preferable option if the .com is out of reach).

You can be lucky, but personally I would not necessarily have high hopes.

5. LeapNames

LeapNames LeapNames.com Gold Account

Thanks for the feedback! I figured it was at least worth a shot at $1.99 each

6. John Napoletano

It's always the same regardless of tld. Would you call your company that? Would some SEO guru want it to grab a share of search traffic?

Without getting into tool discussions, you have to occasionally comb through company names, app and software names, understand basic branding strategies, and keyword traffic volume. Not to copy anyone, but to understand how potential domain buyers think.

Large and small companies buy domain names. Affiliate marketers buy names. Domainers buy names.

Would you call your company "Cruncher?" If yes for what product or service? Is that product or service in demand? Crunch.co might be a better company, product, or service name verse Cruncher.co. I said might. No one has the time to do that kind of work for free. So everyone is sort of out there applying their own logic to domain name valuation. But buying in bulk without a strategy is generally a bad idea regardless of tld.

Hope that helps.

7. kamcreation

kamcreation Upgraded Member Blue Account

Here is a batch of 1 and 2 word .co names that I picked up couple months back

• B r o m e l a i n. co
    • C h e c k b o o k s. co
    • D e f i b r i l l a t o r. co
    • D e f i b r i l l a t o r s. co
    • D e s k L a m p. co
    • F a c e W a s h. co
    • F e n u g r e e k. co
    • H e a t G u n. co
    • H e e l P a i n. co
    • L a v a L a m p. co
    • L e p t i n. co
    • L o u d s p e a k e r s. co
    • M e n S u i t s. co
    • O i l y S k i n. co
    • P e t H o t e l. co
    • R e s p i r a t o r. co
    • R e s p i r a t o r s. co
    • S p y G e a r. co
    • T a n k i n i s. co
    • T e n s U n i t. co
    • T u r t l e n e c k s. co
    Some RealEstate Names
    • N y c Realestate [dot] co
    • A l a b a m a Realestate [dot] co
    • A r k a n s a s Realestate [dot] co
    As someone how has not too much experience in the .co market do you guys see any value in any of these names here?

8. John Napoletano

cbd.co $50,000
    cbd.io $5,000
    cbdliquid.com $5,000

I think this is a perfect example of what the reality is out there for buyers. You can buy a two word .com for $5,000, or a great one word .co for the same or much higher in this case without losing global traffic and understanding of the meaning behind the tld.

Dot io is discounted as it is generally viewed as confusing to website retail customers, they don't know if it's a country or what. Though even $5,000 is currently a nice number for .CO. Just having these three side by side is a nice example.

cbd.co is a live site. cbdliquid.com redirects to cannara.ca. cbd.io is held for sale.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. John Napoletano

reasons.com $50,001
    reason.co $5,300

Two transactions recorded on namebio 2018-06-21. Notice the dot co is about 10% of the dot com price. What about use...

The dot com seems to be a company based out of France (whois blocked) and the domain name is parked, not in use.

The dot co is a company based out of the uk. They also have a UK domain name. The domain is in use.

Reason.co
    WithReason.co.uk

This is an important observation and another reason why I like the dot co tld. It is visually appealing to pair the CO as a global site for those currently using a CO.XX country code extension.

But let's not forget that both American and European companies are using dotCO. Not just those using it as a second level.

10. Rxshow

Rxshow Active Member VIP

11. ramkumaritrvs

ramkumaritrvs RapidNames.com PRO VIP

Except 1and1 is there any .co transfer or renewal offers available?

i have loads of domain to drop...

12. usernamex

usernamex Moderator, NamePros Moderator VIP

PSA - There is a $4.99 CO registration deal for name dot com Happy Hour - 2 hours only - https://www.namepros.com/posts/6783994/
    The CO birthday is late July, and they traditionally have had better deals around that time if anyone wants to wait and see

@ramkumaritrvs - transfer deals for CO are few and far between, my next step will be to test 1&1, most of my remaining CO due in July are ho-hum so easy to drop instead

Rebel.com is a not great for domainers registrar, yet they are one of the only CO deal to be had in the past couple years so will keep my account there, the last deal was for current customers only and it was CO transfers for $12.50 limit 10 (Nov 2017) The other CO transfer deal was NameCheap $4 MYDD (March 2018) there was a total limit of 25 for all included extensions

13. John Napoletano

.CO approved in China

“Just as Startup Salad chose ‘salad.co’ as our domain name, China’s future unicorns are choosing their own cool .CO domains. Now, with the full approval of China’s government, startups can host their .CO domains here in China, leading to the fastest possible websites for the online services of tomorrow.” –Jim Zhao, Startup Salad CEO

Three domain names in the article:

salad.co
    vsfs.co
    ox3tv.co

Full article:

http://www.go.co/blog/2018/06/27/co-approved-in-china/

14. Nikul Sanghvi

Nikul Sanghvi hypernames.co Gold Account

15. humbug1s1k

humbug1s1k Upgraded Member Blue Account

Skopje .co

EatNatural .co

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  16. John Napoletano

share.co $21,006
    cogo.co $2,338

Two new entries on NameBio for dotCO sales above $1,000. COGO appears to be a tech related term. DotCO is popular with tech products and services. The word 'share' has a long list of comparable sales across tld and industries including tech and real estate.

share.co $21,006
    petshare.com $24,970
    divshare.com $21,000
    timesharesforsale.com $20,000
    shareplan.com $18,000
    shareconnect.com $16,000
    shareprices.com $16,000
    revenueshare.com $15,000
    sharealaugh.com $14,000
    sharefile.co.uk $12,445
    timeshare.co.uk $7,751
    roomshares.co.uk $5,888
    roomshare.co.uk $5,888
    timeshares.ca $11,800
    share.me $5,000
    worldshare.org $7,000
    sharefile.de $4,480

The years for the reported transactions above range from 2010 to 2018. We can observe the same pattern of a solid "one word" dotCO being purchased at a price similar to that of a "two word" dotCOM.

Not as many data points are available to compare non dotCOM, however, the above comparable sales suggest that dotCO is being purchased at a price above the other ccTLD such as .co.uk, .ca, .de, etc.

17. noonoo1

noonoo1 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Good analysis, thanks for the info !

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!