Dynadot

.co.jo vs. .jp

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Apologies if this question has been asked before which I am sure it has been. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it.

Can someone please explain the difference in usage/popularity/perception between: .jp vs. .co.jp?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.jp is better, its shorter... just like .co.in vs .in.

•••
BuysDomains said:
.jp is better, its shorter... just like .co.in vs .in.

Please research before you talk. Shorter is BETTER??!?!

.CO.JP is for companies in japan. YOU MUST provide your company number to register a .co.jp. Having a .co.jp probably would improve a japanese company's credibility.

.JP is for individuals who dont have a company.

•••
From my simple search:

160M Google results for sites using .co.jp
54M for .ne.jp
33M for .or.jp

427M total for .jp (includes .co.jp, .ne.jp, .or.jp, and any others)

Personally, I like .jp because you can get IDN.jp. I don't believe you can get IDN.co.jp yet.

•••
I think that i'd much rather have a .jp KEYWORD domain than a .co.jp KEYWORD domain.

•••
Even if you wanted a .co.jp keyword you couldnt get it

•••
Yeah guys years ago the only way to get a domain was a co.jp for companies or try finding a dot com which was hard for Japanese. Then .jp came along & anyone with a residency in Japan can own a jp (even though more do own them)

But certainly you have to have a company legally registered in Japan to register a co.jp, & you have to send the registrar your papers...

•••
.co.jp is for most forms of incorporated companies including foreign companies registered in Japan.

.jp is for individuals and groups or organizations that have a postal address in Japan.

•••
thanks for your comments everyone!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back