Dynadot

.me .CO and .ME - Advice Needed

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Found a couple of .COs and .MEs that seem to be pretty premium. All extensions taken except either .co or .me

Wondering if they are worth registering?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Found a couple of .COs and .MEs that seem to be pretty premium. All extensions taken except either .co or .me

Wondering if they are worth registering?

...I am assuming you already feel good about the letters to the left of the dot and you just want reassurance about how strong the right of the dot is to support your perception.

The answer lies in the name. If it is popular and/or it is in a strong market, it may be desirable by an enduser regardless of .co or .me.

That is the nature of domaining at times. Feel the pulse of the niche that you are selling to. If you were in that industry, would that be a name you would want to be identified with?

A prime and recent example, I just regged ThePhotographer dot me. Why? I visualize that some professional-type freelance photographer might take a shine to that name and use it to identify herself/himself with. Sounds out of the box and super simple, but it's kinda kitschy. It's all speculation, of course, but think as if YOU are the enduser.

To present an opinion to your question, the quality of the name should suggest to you whether it is worthy of registration and how the extension complements it...

•••
...I am assuming you already feel good about the letters to the left of the dot and you just want reassurance about how strong the right of the dot is to support your perception.

The answer lies in the name. If it is popular and/or it is in a strong market, it may be desirable by an enduser regardless of .co or .me.

That is the nature of domaining at times. Feel the pulse of the niche that you are selling to. If you were in that industry, would that be a name you would want to be identified with?

A prime and recent example, I just regged ThePhotographer dot me. Why? I visualize that some professional-type freelance photographer might take a shine to that name and use it to identify herself/himself with. Sounds out of the box and super simple, but it's kinda kitschy. It's all speculation, of course, but think as if YOU are the enduser.

To present an opinion to your question, the quality of the name should suggest to you whether it is worthy of registration and how the extension complements it...

Thanks, that is very good advice. Good buy as well :)

•••

Excellent advice and nice name. I would only add: don't get emotional with domains!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

•••
Excellent advice and nice name. I would only add: don't get emotional with domains!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Hey, what about this >> i registered housecalls.co and surprised.co

I really don't know what to do with them right now and i feel like i have wasted reg fee..

what do you guys think?

•••
Only take these domains if the domain name is in harmony with .co or .me

•••
While .CO is good for keywords, .ME is only good for jing.ly domain names.

•••
If you have to choose between .co or .me then always go for .co as it has more value than .me right now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back