NameSilo

CNAME change and Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

thesearcher

Established Member
Impact
1
Hello,

I have made a CNAME change on the domain.co.uk to point to domain.com.
All is correctly setup and serial updated but I when I try on the browser, I get the following error message on a blank page:

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

I never encountered this. Anyone can help how to troubleshoot?

Many thanks!!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Did you include the ending "." in your entry when you made the change?
 
0
•••
Yes, I did.

The "." is at the end. Here is the format as on the DNS server for zone file domain.co.uk:

www IN CNAME www.domain.com.

Thanks for your help!
 
0
•••
Any way you could PM me the actual URL or something, it's difficult to troubleshoot without more information? Keep in mind, though, that the above is just for www.domain.co.uk
 
0
•••
Have you tried to involve your current provider in this problem solving?
I believe they are the ones which can take care
 
0
•••
Clear your cache ... or flush your DNS
 
0
•••
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

I provide occasional support to a local ISP but I'm not a guru in DNS(as you can see :) )...this is for one of their customers and I encountered it on a check for another customer by chance...

Flushing the cache doesn't help. The customer did it on their PC too but no success.

Any other idea?

Many thanks!
 
0
•••
Does Hostname you are using exists?
Make sure theare are no typo mistakes in the changes you have made
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back