NameSilo

.CM registration madness

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
21,832
Hello,

There is much talk right now about short domains, numeric domains, and Chinese patterns in general.
Apparently people are buying those names left and right, in popular extensions like .com, .net, .org but also in outlier TLDs. I am tracking a lot of extensions and I noticed activity in less popular extensions too.

For instance I noticed that .CM (Cameroon) has been gaining a lot of regs lately.
Some stats for the last 3 days:

Code:
count  date      diff
17849  20151103  -
24054  20151104  6205
25523  20151105  1469
28982  20151106  3459

Examples:
Code:
1050.CM
1051.CM
1060.CM
1061.CM
1062.CM
1063.CM
1065.CM
1067.CM
1070.CM
1071.CM
1072.CM
1073.CM
1075.CM
1076.CM
1077.CM
1079.CM
1082.CM
There are NNN and LLL too. I checked the whois for only a few names but the registrant is always the same person, a Chinese from Wenzhou (BJ).

Personally I think the Chinese craze is reaching a new height :lookaround:

The madness might even be spilling out to .so and other extensions :rolleyes:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-someone-check-nnn-so-please.891163/
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
.CM is a new Chimese domain extension. .CM means Chima :alien3:
Perhaps it's short for ultra popular Chow Mein ... or even Chi-Mein (Chime In), for those who are late to this picturesque domaining circuit (I didn't say circus ... that's your imagination playing tricks on you :P) and come crashing the party in hope there's still some booze (read: dough ... and not that of pizza variety) left to be had ;)
 
0
•••
I heard Monte Cahn saying Chinese love .cc because it means Chinese Company to them.
I wonder what .cm would mean then. Chinese Market ? lol
 
1
•••
.cm main attraction is being another hack for .com along with .co

You can use as short for your domain or to get some mistyped traffic for premiums.

But at that price, no, thank you.
 
1
•••
I agree about .cm investing, it's just way too much.

wow really? are you sure? thank God later then never.
 
0
•••
Today: +235
 
0
•••
Today: +166
 
0
•••
Today: +1059
 
0
•••
0
•••
I wonder if there are any good .cms still available as a shortner to the popular .coms.
 
0
•••
Sure. I've attached a file.
Normally .cm gets only a few regs per day on average.
 

Attachments

  • cm.20151111.added.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 124
0
•••
Sure. I've attached a file.
Normally .cm gets only a few regs per day on average.
Thanks. As I suspected... ;)

Chinese premiums*
 
0
•••
I checked two names at random, this time it's two different registrants from China. Not the one from BJ. So there are at least 3 players.
 
0
•••
Newbie domainers from China who just learnt about domain investing from a blogpost with a typo (.cm vs .com) :xf.grin:
 
0
•••
cm good for china.
in chinese cm is abbr for media
in english cm is abbr for chinese media.
funny!
as you know,media include app\tv\news paper\web site
 
2
•••
Since the last update: +6929
 
1
•••
Just curious who has the best cm reg fee??

:xf.smile::xf.grin:
 
0
•••
Today: +1399
 
0
•••
0
•••
Today: +745
 
0
•••
Today: +1143
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back