NameSilo

domain Closed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only good for typos. 'Domains' makes it worthless for any real use.

•••
If you are going to use a domain as a portal for domain sales, the name needs to lend credibility. Think about it, you are trying to convince others that you want to sell them a legit name, but you can't even afford to host your site on a quality name, you are using what essentially is a typo or grammatical error. So I do not think you will get very many offers on the domain as an outright sale. Like the new guy suggests, only good for typos which I would think would be few and far between.

Sorry, not beating a dead horse, just trying to explain my thought process.

Not a fan of the domain, I'd say keep plugging away, looking for that rough cut diamond.

•••
aren't you the same person who put an 's' on domaininvestings.com?

stop going around skeezing off other entities, and come up with something original on your own.

before one of them sends your ass a C&D letter.

No Value!

•••
aren't you the same person who put an 's' on domaininvestings.com?

stop going around skeezing off other entities, and come up with something original on your own.

No Value!
Both domains fail the smell test.

•••
aren't you the same person who put an 's' on ?

No Value!

No need to be rude and presumptuous.. I registered some names that were previously registered and happen to recently drop/become available. Sometimes I hit, and sometimes I miss. I don't go around skeezing off other entities etc.. It's just bad judgement on my part..Domain Sales is as general as it gets, and all domainers invest and hope for a good return so I don't know what you found original in the names in the first place. I'm sure you'll type in DomainsNames.com and it will be available??? I thought so. It's no "DomainNames.com" but don't go bickering that it's a ripoff. "The New Guy" honest without presuming and being rude. "'Domains' makes it worthless for any real use." I don't go around trying to hand register facebooky.com or amazan.com. That's not my thing.

•••
•••
If you are going to use a domain as a portal for domain sales, the name needs to lend credibility. Think about it, you are trying to convince others that you want to sell them a legit name, but you can't even afford to host your site on a quality name, you are using what essentially is a typo or grammatical error. So I do not think you will get very many offers on the domain as an outright sale. Like the new guy suggests, only good for typos which I would think would be few and far between.

Sorry, not beating a dead horse, just trying to explain my thought process.

Not a fan of the domain, I'd say keep plugging away, looking for that rough cut diamond.

Thanks, I agree with you. I have no plans to use it as a domain portal; I have another name in mind. It's currently just a page to highlight some logos of mine, which all are masked to the page. It's temporary. You explained what you thought which is good; some people choose to rail accusations.

•••
Doesn't pass the smell test for me either.

•••
Thanks, I agree with you. I have no plans to use it as a domain portal; I have another name in mind. It's currently just a page to highlight some logos of mine, which all are masked to the page. It's temporary. You explained what you thought which is good; some people choose to rail accusations.

Yeah, I didn't explain it very well. What I was trying to do was look at it from a buyer's perspective. If I was going to buy a domain name for a portal, what would I look for...not saying anything about you personally trying to sell from that domain. I just thought a buyer is going to be in the market for a grammatically correct domain, so you would have a hard time of it. Certainly no slur intended. :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back