NameSilo

.info City / County .infos

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Phronesis

Established Member
Impact
48
Opinions on city.infos or county.infos? I've noticed most of them (even small ones) are registered.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
They are the sort of domains that somebody will come looking for in the future. Local search is growing.

I agree with Dominic, will be valuable in the future.
 
0
•••
City .info's, if developed, are a sure thing money maker on the local level.. a blog integrated with an events calendar, classifieds, forum, etc. can't help but make money if you have the time and inclination to actively pursue it. Selling targeted advertising to the locals will outperform adsense and certainly supplement it in any case.
 
0
•••
Phronesis said:
Opinions on city.infos or county.infos? I've noticed most of them (even small ones) are registered.
City.info domain names are good investments. The development possibilities can be as broad or narrowly defined as you like and city.info speaks instant authenticity with both locals and distant users.

County.info's are less appealing imo but could obviously have nice impact if development is constructed around the unique aspects of that county. Also, the larger the better. Greater population brings with it greater business opportunity.
 
0
•••
You've got some good names in your SIG.. anyone stocking up on regional domains has some smarts IMO.

Carlton said:
City.info domain names are good investments. .
 
0
•••
Speaking of beach town info's etc, I found Kiawah.info available last year and picked it up. Kiawah is a beach/golf tourist destination in South Carolina with very expensive real estate. Next year they will be hosting Senior PGA championship.

I've always wondered what the best thing would be to do with this domain if developed. Sounds like dgridley's suggestion would be the way to go.

Anybody have any city .infos they've developed and are doing well with?
 
0
•••
Best bets: look for new development or areas looking for re-vitalization.

Many areas in the MidWestern US are actually GIVING land away or selling property at a loss to new residents in order to attract people back into their communities.

Hint: use regional keywords on eBay or Amazon to find out where the trends are..

The Branson Landing project in Branson, Missouri is a good one to jump on, for example: http://www.google.com/search?source...GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-12,GGLJ:en&q="branson+landing"

Amusement parks, shopping malls, entertainment centers.. you don't need a highly populated area or niche to make consistent revenue.

BTW- your avatar freaks me out! ;)

capiche said:
Speaking of beach town info's etc, I found Kiawah.info available last year and picked it up. Kiawah is a beach/golf tourist destination in South Carolina with very expensive real estate. Next year they will be hosting Senior PGA championship.

I've always wondered what the best thing would be to do with this domain if developed. Sounds like dgridley's suggestion would be the way to go.

Anybody have any city .infos they've developed and are doing well with?
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
BTW- your avatar freaks me out! ;)

LOL. Sorry it freaks you out. It's Jay of Jay and Silent Bob. I've been meaning to change it anyway. :)

Thanks for the info on Branson, etc. , I appreciate it.
 
0
•••
No problem.. I already have a decent Branson name.. can't buy / develop everything!

capiche said:
Thanks for the info on Branson, etc. , I appreciate it.
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
You've got some good names in your SIG.. anyone stocking up on regional domains has some smarts IMO.
Thanks dgridley. Regionals are among my favorites. Never enough time to develop and promote.
 
0
•••
I agree there.. but I've decided to actively treat this like a job and schedule a set number of hours per week to actually doing it right. And I'm going to start tomorrow.. maybe ;)

Carlton said:
Never enough time to develop and promote.
 
0
•••
I have a few undeveloped that get a small trickle of traffic. Will hold if no offers for a while to see what happens :)
 
0
•••
I think there is a lot of opportunity in city and county .infos. I'm not sure how the parking will be on it, but considering few make the effort of typing in .info, you should develop them, optimize them organically through SEO, build up page rank, link popularity, and use them as a city resource / guide and sell or rent directory links to local businesses. In my experiences marketing for local advertisers through SEM, there are few local directories with the name of the area we are targeting (even though these are top 10 DMAs). One point of advice would be try not to make it completetly about ads and a page of useless links, that will bring down the quality of the links and make your link value worthless for your potential link renters. You could integrate the links into original articles or press releases to show more authority and look less like spam, which will increase the value of your links.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back