IT.COM

report Chinese investors new projects .cm domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
.cm domain is a ccTLD (Cameroon). Since 2009, the .cm domain open register to now, the most doman investors think it is a low value domain that the .cm is high register and renewals fee (66 EUR/year).

One thing is change, .cm register fee reduce to 17.5 EUR (renewal fee 66 EUR) from Nov 2014 till now and allow to register 1-5 years. The renewal fee change to 32.5 EUR Apr 2015.

.cm domain still have several serious problems:
1. DNS server unreliable (Server offline at this time not allow to change name servers, 1-3 hours will fix)
The .cm registry answer is Cameroon network is not well they will open a new servers out side Cameroon (Euro or North America).

2. Register and renewal is so high (66 EUR/year)
The .cm registry answer is they plan to reduce fee but the government is reluctant to agree.

3. Management inexperience
.cm registry is Cameroon telecom (or other name I not clear).

As any one know .cm domain advantage is “.CM is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the country of Cameroon in Africa. .CM is one letter short of being a “.com”, but has a variety of domain names available for the public. .CM is suitable for any website, especially if the name is unavailable in its “.com” form. Make it shorter and go .CM! Register yours, today!” that from .cm domain website.

As a professional domain investors, .cm domain is Should not be investment. So data is interesting.

High increase that .cm domain register domain number from less than 10k (Nov 2014) till 100k domains (Now). Only reason is register fee reduce and chinese finance’s work.

NN.cm 1k – 3k USD (eg. 10.cm 67.cm)
LL.cm 1k – 2k USD (eg. hj.cm fg.cm)
NL.cm or LN.cm 100 – 1k USD (eg. 3r.cm t1.cm)
NNN.cm 100 – 500 USD (eg. 124.cm)
Chinese signal chinese pinyin word ang.cm 1k- 5k USD (a chinese world)

Every week more than 500 .cm domain increase by chinese increase.

In this case .cm domain is not high value one. But chinese only for .cm is similar to .cn and .com and the register reduce (Only special offers not official reduce fee.)

I write this essay only want to share chinese domain investor’sopinion. And welcom to discuss china domain market.

P.S. English written skill not well.

Editor: Goog.lc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes .cm is pretty hot in China. many names were sold at $xxx - $xxxx range.
if the reg fee continues to reduce, it will rock further.

•••
•••
many sales happen everyday. i sold ppc.cm, apples.cm, interest.cm, futures.cm at middle $xxx price.

•••
many sales happen everyday. i sold ppc.cm, apples.cm, interest.cm, futures.cm at middle $xxx price.

Impressive for names registered just 7 weeks ago?

•••
This extension has a crazy drop policy so if the sales do grow it would be an exciting aftermarket. I owned AU.CM for a while aiming to make free Aussie domains but they actually delete your domain 1 day BEFORE the expiry if you don't renew.

•••
Impressive for names registered just 7 weeks ago?
yes - the point is not when it was registered - it is if they can be sold asap since the renewal fee is pretty high and i would drop lots of them then for sure since i have 165 .cm names.

•••
This extension has a crazy drop policy so if the sales do grow it would be an exciting aftermarket. I owned AU.CM for a while aiming to make free Aussie domains but they actually delete your domain 1 day BEFORE the expiry if you don't renew.
thanks for your info - sounds crazy. i see a future in .cm only if the reg/renewal fee drops to the level of .com, like 10$. i bet most .cm owners in China would choose to drop if it is still so expensive.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back