IT.COM

new gtlds Chinese Government Getting Closer to Granting Licenses to New TLD's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Some interesting news for my fellow new TLD fans. :)
Job postings suggest licensing process might be progressing.

Top level domain name companies have been eagerly waiting for the Chinese government to issue licenses that will allow Chinese citizens to be able to host sites on their domains in China. The government might be taking a step forward, based on recent job postings.

As background, China’s MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology) requires that every domain registry get a license in order for their domains — registered and intended for use in China — to be hosted in China. This license allows end-users in China to register their website with the domain extension with their government and ultimately to use hosting services within China.

Read the full article here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2016/06/02/china-licenses-newtlds/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for posting this-anyone have any thoughts on the .ch extension (aged swiss) re: it's future in China-thank you.

•••
I'm surprised this news isn't getting more interest ! This is probably why .xyz is pushing for reg numbers. This is also good news for .club!
According to the article replies, .ch hasn't made any attempt to enter the China market.

•••
I'm surprised this news isn't getting more interest ! This is probably why .xyz is pushing for reg numbers. This is also good news for .club!
According to the article replies, .ch hasn't made any attempt to enter the China market.

.ch - surprisingly enough, is actually for Switzerland :)

•••
.ch - surprisingly enough, is actually for Switzerland :)
Hopefully it will-we hold 15 of the very best .ch pinyin names re: caifu.ch fangdai.ch etc etc

•••
even ,they ban,it could not stop us purchasing the newgs

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back