Dynadot

Cheapest .us reg?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello chaps,

Question probably answered elsewhere - but where is the cheapest place to reg a .us name.

Unless I've read this wrong, godaddy say I have to be a U.S. citzen????!!!

Thankyou to any replies.
charbar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1&1 has fairly inexpensive domains. Not sure about residency restrictions for .us domains, though.

IIRC, 1&1 sells .us for $5.99 and occasionally runs free promotions for them.

•••
I do not believe you need to be a .us citizen. I buy them on namecheap and they dont ask a question. Although I am a U.S Citizen.

•••
You can buy from Godaddy resellers for $5.95

•••
You can tell godaddy that you are a U.S. citzen at the time of registration even if you are not, so what?!

•••
Cant believe prices mentioned for Godaddy resellers.
What's the difference between this and regular Godaddy registration?
I never here of many people mentioning"resellers" -why?

Thanks All

charbar.

Last edited:
•••
muchacho said:
You can buy from Godaddy resellers for $5.95
geek domains require you to answer in section five "are you us citzen etc...

AHA7 said:
You can tell godaddy that you are a U.S. citzen at the time of registration even if you are not, so what?!

...but why would they stipulate that you must either live in the us or are a citzen?
If I bought a .us name and sold it on for big money - could there be any legal repercussions?

Anyone else reg .us names? And where?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Registrants must be either:
1. A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or;
2. An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the district of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States), or;
3. A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possession or territories that also (i) regularly engages in lawful activities (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit activities) in the Unites States, or (ii) maintains an office or other property within the United States.

•••
Edited.

agree with gene.

Last edited:
•••
I don't deal with .us domains, but it would be wise for a non-us citizen/company to get a solid answer from a registrar before taking the risk. I have a feeling that this would be treated in much the same way as someone who inputs false information into the registration -- the domain may be taken away from you.

•••
•••
Amano said:
Just trick them...
I would not recommend that to anyone.

•••
NamePros :tu: !

So easy to manage :) !

True_Snake

•••
please enlighten us......

thanks.

•••
BriGuy20 said:
1&1 has fairly inexpensive domains. Not sure about residency restrictions for .us domains, though.

1&1 has the low prices but the catch is trying to tranfer a domain with them.
If a person doesn't already have an account with 1&1 they must make a purchase in order to open an account. They are not
free .

Also you have to pay $5.95 to tranfer a domain. Doen't matter if it's to another member of 1&1 or an outside registar. YOU PAY.

•••
I get them for $4.94 through GoDaddy with that $1.99 promotion they have going on.

•••
charbar said:
please enlighten us......

thanks.
To enlighten you I don't recommend registering if you're not living in the US. I registered an .us and got a mail from Nexus (yes, I've verified it with them and it was a legitimate request) telling me that I had 10 days to verify that I was a US citizen or else the domain would be deleted...

•••
...dont know anything about Nexus (nothing relevant on first 3 pages of google)....but how about if I get a fellow namepro who is an American citzen to reg a .us name for me - and then get him to transfer that name to me?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Amano said:
Just trick them...
Nice :sick: - How do YOU think you will fool them ? Proxy IP ... won't work - You will need a verifiable presence in the US if they decide to contact you ;)

•••
black_d0s said:
the cheapest i got was about 12.99. i would of bought it but i already bought one at godaddy.com. Well good luck to you anyway.

NeedName.com for $8.75 for .us .com .net .org .info .biz and other cheap extensions.

Ofcourse supported by old time domaineers .. that is willing to answer your questions along the way whether for business or personal use.

Cheers,
Em

•••
BriGuy20 said:

1and1 Services have always been weird like their dedicated servers :lol: You cant wget anything or host your site. Completely weird all tho iv never bought a domain with them.

•••
Well I've just had it straight from the horses mouth (123registration.com)
You MUST have some "presence" in the U.S.A., to legally trade using a .us extention.
How many of us that dont qualify, will now have to consider selling our .us names?
Shame!
Anyway, thankyou for the replies, everyone

charbar

•••
I would prefer namepros if i needed to
but i need only .in that namepros cant offer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back