IT.COM

.tv Cheapest .tv registration?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lyte

Pros Against PrejudiceEstablished Member
Impact
Who's got the cheapest .tv reg??? GoDaddy is $29 and change... sheesh!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think that will be the cheapest

•••
Sheesh, well that kinda sucks...

So, .tv or .cc for a media related word these kinda numbers...

Google 3,800,000 Tracker: 99,630 Overture: 20,955

I'm wondering if .tv is the cuz the word relates to media... tv, movies, books, mags... etc... so does it not matter????

•••
Ive seen it being sold in other places for $79.99 or so :lol:

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
Ive seen it being sold in other places for $79.99 or so :lol:
but that is not cheapest ;)

•••
•••
yea $29 for .tv is cheap

•••
So, what the heck are people reg'ing with this .tv extention??? Is it television or media related type names??

I'm still trying to figure out/learn what words marry best (from a resale stand point) with these odd extensions... .tv... .cc... .ws... and the like.

Thoughts???

•••
Lyte said:
I'm still trying to figure out/learn what words marry best (from a resale stand point) with these odd extensions... .tv... .cc... .ws... and the like. Thoughts???

I think the boats left unfortunately (in the case of .tv) and you may have missed your chance.

Go mad like me and start buying up .sc sites - cos I just cant resist them - and especially when i see domains like sex.sc just floating by me.... :p

•••
What do I attached to .tv???

"I think the boats left unfortunately (in the case of .tv) and you may have missed your chance."

Huh? What? I missed what boat??? Say again, in detail cuz I can be thick (translation: dense) sometimes!! :gl:

I'm wondering if people are using .tv just for names that are related to the media e.g. famous people, movies, tv shows, etc...etc...

I have a name that's available with in .tv or .cc extensions, it's media related with the following stats...

10 letters - Google 3,800,000 - Tracker 99,630 - Overture 20,955

Should I go .tv or .cc or not bother with it at all?? :lol:

•••
Sorry, yeah, i wasnt being rude just that imho .tv extensions have a limited and very specific target group such as interactive.tv , live.tv etc etc and there are only so many decent opportunities.

If you havent got on the .tv boat yet (ie regged some) then there is little value left. Then again, if you know of such a decent name that fits with the extension, go for it!!

•••
I agree with Collieri, if you have a nice word related to media yes you should go for it as .tv -slowly but surely- is taking off. Do not miss the wave ! GD seems to be the cheapest place for .tv registration.
Keep in mind that TV is the most popular acronym in the world, .tv extension is the only one with a specific and unique meaning (which is not the case, among others, for .cc). The public at large does not know or even does not care whether this extension is related or not to Tuvalu but eveybody knows that today television meets the internet. Do not think as well that .tv is 'exclusively' dedicated to the entertaining and so on industries, more and more companies are looking for dynamic and interactive shop windows, .tv is becoming a catchy flag or let say a marketing 'hook'. Of course it will never compete with .com but again in my opinion .tv will be considered in a near future as one of the three primary "commercial" extensions. The black point with .tv is reg fees are still too high (at this level I do not understand quite well Verisign policicy) but I guess lowering the fees would lead to an immediate rush and would make the .tv boat a ... jet !

•••
Argos said:
I agree with Collieri, if you have a nice word related to media yes you should go for it as .tv -slowly but surely- is taking off. Do not miss the wave ! GD seems to be the cheapest place for .tv registration.
Keep in mind that TV is the most popular acronym in the world, .tv extension is the only one with a specific and unique meaning (which is not the case, among others, for .cc). The public at large does not know or even does not care whether this extension is related or not to Tuvalu but eveybody knows that today television meets the internet. Do not think as well that .tv is 'exclusively' dedicated to the entertaining and so on industries, more and more companies are looking for dynamic and interactive shop windows, .tv is becoming a catchy flag or let say a marketing 'hook'. Of course it will never compete with .com but again in my opinion .tv will be considered in a near future as one of the three primary "commercial" extensions. The black point with .tv is reg fees are still too high (at this level I do not understand quite well Verisign policicy) but I guess lowering the fees would lead to an immediate rush and would make the .tv boat a ... jet !

I think more Tv stations are beginning to use .tv's. I know locally here (Fresno, Calif) ABC Channel 47 now uses ABC47.tv!! So, maybe it's really just begnning for .tv's also!! We will see how things change on 12/14/2004 for .tv's also!!

•••
•••
•••

God damn, there are some great domains in some of those ccTLDs

Tourism.(Insert country code here)

I gotta register some of those someday. Thats insane some of the things you can register.

Last edited:
•••
why at .tv so much higher?

•••
Dwayne said:
why at .tv so much higher?

Because it's a country code being registered outside that country.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back