IT.COM

Cheap .de registrar: your views?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr De

Established Member
Impact
Hello,
I have some domain name to hand reg and am looking for cheapest .de domain registrar who can register .de below $4 if there's any or any one you think of with good reputation. Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This doesn't matter, wire is NOT required at DD24/Moniker.
This is just additional deposit option. And such emails can be completely ignored.
You Do not understand My situation at all.
I tried Paypal.cc But dd24 then told me bank wire is the only option

•••
This page is outdated.
German address is not required anymore, this was deprecated by registry since May'25 2018.

And GoDaddy is just reseller.
They are not .DE registrar.

•••
You Do not understand My situation at all.
I tried Paypal.cc But dd24 then told me bank wire is the only option
OK, then this is just policy regarding Chineses.
Most countries (including non-EU) are served by KS in full.

•••
You may also try EuroDNS and/or Hexonet - they should serve China...

•••
•••
why all of a sudden couple months of sales showing on Namebio for .de ? and thoughts on the 4L rising ?
there are plenty available. ..

•••
This page is outdated.
German address is not required anymore, this was deprecated by registry since May'25 2018.

And GoDaddy is just reseller.
They are not .DE registrar.

Godaddy is responsible for content on their site, got a link regarding the German address info?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Last edited:
•••
While at the moment of registration the holder is not required to be domiciled in Germany, the domain holder must name a person in Germany as responsible for receiving the service of official or court documents in case a legal case is issued to DENIC about a domain with a holder who is not domiciled in Germany. If you do not have a German address, you may use our trustee service.

Source: .de - Openprovider

For me Godaddy provides that service.

Cheers
Corey

•••
This is required only for legal cases (if you deal with TM risky domains), not for domain registration.

•••
If the Domain Holder is not domiciled in Germany, they shall name within two weeks of a corresponding request by DENIC an authorised representative domiciled in Germany for receiving the service of official or court documents who shall have the same rights as defined for an authorised representative for receiving the service of official or court documents in terms of Article 184 of the German Code of Civil Procedure.

https://www.denic.de/en/domains/de-domains/domain-terms-and-conditions/

DENIC is a central registry for .de

@Jurgen Wolf is absolutely correct - local contact is only needed when the registrant is requested by DENIC to have one "for receiving the service of official or court documents"

•••
Above is even live example: .DE was registered by Chinese at Dynadot which doesn't provide any trustee services.

Last edited:
•••
Tried registering with domaindiscount...

Unfortunately, we can offer you only bank transfer as payment method until further notice. Please adjust the payment option for your account accordingly.

When they make it hard, it's easier to go elsewhere...

Cheers
Corey

•••
Strangely...
From Ukraine (non-EU) I can pay at DD24 and Moniker using my Card OR PayPal (min. 10 EUR)...

•••
$7.99 @ Dynadot
$5.71 @ Godaddy with 35% off coupon

registered another .de...love em...

Cheers
Corey

•••
$4.79 @ Moniker...
Florida based registrar...
Try them... I think, Card payments should work...

Last edited:
•••
$5.71 @ Godaddy with 35% off coupon

registered another .de...love em...
What registrar is shown in WHOIS?
Key-Systems?

•••
GO-DADDY-COM-LLC - GoDaddy.com, LLC, US

•••
Thanks, looks that GD accredited already...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back