IT.COM

discuss Certification Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddfenton

Established Member
Impact
Got an inquiry "via whois," about a site listed on Sedo for $2k. This person, "Yoshihiko," goes by the handle "domain broker," wrote an almost identical letter to scams identified on the internet involving ICCAN.

Says client is offering $15K-$20K but client's bank in X? country needs a certification and trademark check from some third party agency. Wants to pay through "Authorize Merchant Escrow service." This is the link he/she referred me to http://answersgoogle.org/answers/threadview/id/40351682.htm, which referenced http://names.authorize-merchant.net

Haven't heard back from him/her since I invited him/her to BIN on Sedo for $2K and/or arrange for and finance this "certification" themselves and I would deduct it if purchased.

Has anyone dealt with this or heard of this person or company?

Damn. I was paying my debts off in my mind after the first letter.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Their latest tactic is to send you an email from quicca.info representing quicca.com and quicca.info with an email template very similar to the ones described in the earlier comments.

The certification agency is authorize-japan.net.

Beware, guys.

•••
I just was contacted for the same thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!

I'm interested in purchasing @@@@@

The buyer offers $35000.00 usd. If it's not enough we may negotiate.

I've found your address via public WHO IS.

If you have other names I may help you to find buyers for them in Japan. Please email me the list. We work with many large investors.

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely yours,

Akari Oyama

Vice Presiden

Future Spirit Inc.

Osaka

JAPAN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Response after I said, sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The buyer will send crypto-currency to escrow. They send 50% to you. You may receive the payment in crypto-currency or they may convert it in USD to send via wire/Paypal. You transfer the domain and get the other 50%. It's safe and easy.

But you need to certify your domain for Japanese market first. His lawyers prohibit him to buy non certified names and the Japanese escrow also accept certified names only to avoid selling illegal goods. After you send us the certificate we will proceed with the sale the same day.

Our authorized certification agency is a GMO DigiRock in partnership with Swiss Escrow: digirock.org They provide full refund if your domain is not sold. It's safe to use them.

Go to this site and select Certification. Specify in the comment field you need a copy in Japanese. Submit your request. If they approve it you will get payment instructions. The main certificate in English and a copy in Japanese will be sent to you within 24 hours after you make the payment as PDF file. Send it to me and we will proceed with the sale/transfer the same day.

It will be easier if you follow instructions of their customer support. Please send me your Telegram user name and I will ask @RobertReese to help you. He is responsible for customer support for the certification service.

If you don't have Telegram you may install it from Google Play or AppStore.
The sale process is very easy:

1. You send us the certificate in Japanese.

2. We transfer the funds to you.

3. You transfer the domain to our buyer through your registrar.

They contacted me through telegram, then I asked them to go through GoDaddy if they are interested. Pretty sure they aren't buying :-P

•••
Ha ha! I just had this same happen--almost the same email. Mine said they needed a copy in Korean. But they've tweaked their process and refined their language to become even more believable in the past month. Still, eventually they wanted me to go to their clunky digirock.org to buy a $259 certificate.

I've been in messaging for many years, and this is actually one of the more personal and sophisticated scams I've seen.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.

Last edited:
•••
Received same email today lol with same telegram account. Just replied and said we changed our mind from $55K, now we want $150K lmao .

•••
IS SCAM, I RECEIVED THIS MAIL, NOW AUGUST 2019

My name is Elizabeth Eung. I work for Sakura Ltd (hosting services in South Korea).

I act on the behalf of our VIP client (domain investor) and will help you to sell your domain. The buyer purchases several domains to generate traffic to his new web project. If you need faster response please contact me in Telegram messenger.

Please send me your Telegram messenger user name. My user name in Telegram: Eung_Legal (@Eung_Legal). Our commission is only 6 %. The commission is divided between you (3%) and the buyer (3%) and paid after you get the money.

The buyer offers $42000 USD in Litecoins/Ether crypto currency or $41000 via bank transfer/paper check/Paypal.

The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction. You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after.

To proceed with the sale, the buyer requires a verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea.

The buyer pays good money but he must be sure he will not be sued for using it in his country. He needs an independent certification of compliance with Korean law that proves it can be used in South Korea.

Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this.

Please note this is not a SSL certificate. I hope you understand it.

The certification must include the following:

- The certification agency must be certified to verify domains in South Korea.
- Verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks.
- Legal restrictions for his counrty
- Independent valuation by market exerts
- The certificate must be up to date (issued during last 30 days).
- Official copy of the verification in English and Korean.

If the appraisal comes higher the buyer will increase the offer accordingly. If it comes lower please don't worry. The price for your domain will be the same.

We asked him if GoDaddy or Sedo appraisal certificates will work as a verification for him. I'm not sure they have a license to verify domains in Saudi Arabia. Now we are awaiting for his answer.

If you are ready to to sell to my client please let me know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back