domain cd8a.com & 8usy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdft92

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys. I am new here, and have almost no experience when it comes to domaining.
I have just purchased these 2 domains and I am willing to accept every bad or good word that might come out of your fingers when typing.

First one is cd8a, a LLNL.com domain. (Read about slangs on a guide here in the forum).
So, this is an expired domain, 14 years old, PR 3. I don't know if it's a good one, please share your thoughts.
Also, "cd8a" is the name of a human gene. It has about 204,000 results according to Google Search.

Second one is 8usy.com, a NLLL.com domain. yet another expired domain, 3 years old and you can spell it "busy".

So, I read that for beginners, it would be good to stick on a 4 character domain and I started with these two.
Big question is... Did I commit a horrible mistake when purchasing those or did I do ok? Which I think I didn't.

Anyways, every comment is accepted and appreciated. I am new to this world so everything is ok.

Thanks!

P.S: I've parked both on Sedo.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
CD8A
From your explanation that this is a DNA string, I initially pondered the many other gene strings that are in existence, why this one is of particular importance, the population of internet users who are educated in this esoteric field, and what percentage of them are likely to give you their money for this domain.
Aside from the human gene perspective, marketing it as being read as slang -- "cdata," I presume -- is a rather weak ploy imo; that's not strong enough to hold any considerable value.

Appraisal: Reg Fee

8usy.com
I read this as "8 US y" initially instead of "busy". I do not see how this could be marketable. I personally tend to avoid domains that do not convey something that can be sold, unless the words are solid and sensible of course.

Appraisal: Reg Fee

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back