IT.COM

question .cc domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cozydomains.com

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Could somebody enlighten me on .cc domains. I found like 40 available one-worded hand-regs in medical, education, financial and child-care topics. What will be bin for words like dentist.cc (example)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$999 to $1499 BiN
Personal i think 1250$ is a good number

•••
I currently have two single dictionary word .cc domains listed at Afternic for BIN $999

•••
Personal i think 1250$ is a good number
I would agree. I have most of mine priced in the $995 to $1695 range with a few higher and a few lower.

At NameBio one can set under niche to dictionary one word English, and the TLD to .cc, to see some past sales. There are many sales in Afternic though not in NameBio. You can find some of these through a series of GD Valuation queries of similar terms in .cc, and look at comparators, or if you have access to DomainAcademy tools.

I think one factor to consider is what is the status of the .com, .io, .co, .xyz, .org, .net. If for sale the pricing, or if developed.

Also, the type of likely buyer influences pricing that can be asked. If it is likely a club (cc is fairly used by a number of types of clubs) odds are they are not looking to spend too much, while if it is a widely used popular name, and the .com and .org are either totally unavailable or priced very high, one can ask more.

-Bob

•••
I think one factor to consider is what is the status of the .com, .io, .co, .xyz, .org, .net.
What's a good place to find if a particular word is taken in other extensions, and how many?

•••
•••
What's a good place to find if a particular word is taken in other extensions, and how many?
dotDB is by far the easiest to find that. Things like ExpiredDomains, if that is what you are using to find dropped single words, show the data under the Reg column as well.

But I did not just mean registered by my remark. Most desired single words will be registered in a ton of TLDs - normally at least 100. I meant how many are listed for sale so could be readily found by a potential buyer.

If you go to marketplaces like Afternic, Sedo and Dan and see how many exact match of that name are listed for sale, and pricing if available. Afternic don't seem to allow you to restrict to exact match, but they list some of the popular TLD exact match terms on the search results page, so easy to check (although lesser known TLDs will not show even though available for sale on their marketplace).

The .cc TLD is not eligible for Sedo MLS (or Afternic FT) so you don't get the boost of people finding the listing via registrar searches,

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
I have
Example.cc
.com .net .org and .edu are reserved and not available to register

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back