Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRY

StrongPunch.comTop Member
Impact
What do you think about Cassettes.net?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a very commercial domain: cassettes are no longer a sellable product, and people do not even call these "cassettes" - 6,000 monthly searches. So, maybe up to $100 for someone who writes from tapes to cds... Or you can resell it to some newbie who would be fascinated to own a dictionary word.

•••
If I didn't do my research I would agree with you that cassettes don't have a market. But there is, besides search volume you should always take advertiser's into consideration. .net is global.
That said names likes this need to be developed in order to take advantage of the sem benefits an exact match gives. I can almost guarantee a higher ctr in regards to the cassettes keyword which means you get a lower cost in most cases. If you're looking to sell it to a domainer you would never get anything near fair market value. As your comment about newbies how many of them have a one word generic name in the top extensions. That's the great thing about this business we all have our opinions, some based on fact, some based on fiction, some based on gut feeling, and some based on agendas.

•••
I would like to add a wholesale or distribution model is better than a retail model for this name imo.

•••
Years ago I had a simple one page lead generation site at cassettes. I had received inquiries for truck loads of cassettes but couldn't fulfill it as I didn't have a supplier at the time. Remember It's about credibility too. Good luck finding a comparable name for $100 nerevar, if you do let me know I will buy it for double the price.

•••
Some times people have an agenda to flood out information that is not factual to increase the value. I'm not saying anybody is right here, as you are being overly defensive. Though, NeverAr has a point about cassettes being outdated, it still may hold some value. Depends how aggressive you are as a salesman, and I hope the answer isn't overly.

Good Facts:

Cassettes are mentioned 11,000 times per month on twitter. Though, a lot of it is people being surprised that cassettes still exist.

12 .nets are registered containing cassettes
2 of which are developed non english language
2 redirect to ebay stores (might be nice enduser)

180 .coms are registered containing cassettes

ask the internet if these facts are factual...

To infinity, and beyond!

•••
Some times people have an agenda to flood out information that is not factual to increase the value. I'm not saying anybody is right here, as you are being overly defensive. Though, NeverAr has a point about cassettes being outdated, it still may hold some value. Depends how aggressive you are as a salesman, and I hope the answer isn't overly.

Good Facts:

Cassettes are mentioned 11,000 times per month on twitter. Though, a lot of it is people being surprised that cassettes still exist.

12 .nets are registered containing cassettes
2 of which are developed non english language
2 redirect to ebay stores (might be nice enduser)

180 .coms are registered containing cassettes

ask the internet if these facts are factual...

To infinity, and beyond!
Don't know what you mean by making that remark that people put out information is not factual here? Did I say something that you thought was not true? You said 180. Com's with cassettes in them like that hurts the value which in fact it increases it, right. We all have our opinions. Thank you all for your feedback.

•••
That's the great thing about this business we all have our opinions, some based on fact, some based on fiction, some based on gut feeling, and some based on agendas.

I first read this as a stab at NeverAr, as I didn't see why you added that opinions were agenda based. One can accuse somebody of that when they feel their domain was devalued. Nonetheless you are correct. I wanted to highlight that just because I told you the following facts, it doesn't mean it's true.

You said 180. Com's with cassettes in them like that hurts the value which in fact it increases it, right.

Fortunately, the facts I mentioned are verified and it does add value to your domain. The value is what you make of it, and you have 192 potential endusers in .net/com alone to whois > contact > and make it happen.

•••
I agree with you it's what you make of it! Unfortunately many people here have not made anything of their domains and just see resale value.
I'm not in the business of selling domain names, I acquire them for use or development. I have a few names like nnnnn.com or llll.com that I do sell because I am limited on what I can do with them myself. Again thank you for your feedback.

•••
I first read this as a stab at NeverAr, as I didn't see why you added that opinions were agenda based. One can accuse somebody of that when they feel their domain was devalued. Nonetheless you are correct. I wanted to highlight that just because I told you the following facts, it doesn't mean it's true.

Fortunately, the facts I mentioned are verified and it does add value to your domain. The value is what you make of it, and you have 192 potential endusers in .net/com alone to whois > contact > and make it happen.
I didn't mean the agenda comment towards neverAR. I don't know the member. It was meant to be taken generally.

•••
•••
The name doesn't have much resell value due to the keyword + extension.

Maybe low $xxx or slightly higher to a very motivated buyer (developer) in this niche.

I would suggest developing the name, and cornering the online retro cassette niche.

Good Luck.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back