Dynadot

discuss Capitalising Domains

NameSilo
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
When you list your domains for sale on the major marketplaces, do you capitalise your domains?

I reached out to an end user recently who 'wasn't interested as i already own the non-capitalised domain'.

Unfortunately for them, I had to go back to them to say that the domain they think they have is now in my pocession and available for purchase.

It did however make me think that this could be bigger problem and capitalising domains, could impact sales.

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you list your domains for sale on the major marketplaces, do you capitalise your domains?

I reached out to an end user recently who 'wasn't interested as i already own the non-capitalised domain'.

Unfortunately for them, I had to go back to them to say that the domain they think they have is now in my pocession and available for purchase.

It did however make me think that this could be bigger problem and capitalising domains, could impact sales.

What do you think?
I was just thinking about this in the morning... odd... :unsure:

I do capitalize because I think it looks cleaner for sales and easier to read, but after importing some more names from a CSV file it added them as lowercase and I didn't mind how it looked (But I capitalized anyway).

I noticed a lot of company's do it odd... So they take things like TestSite.com... They will make it TeStsite.com, never understood that one. HugeDomains used to be notorious for this and the only thing that popped in my head when I see this is to get people who think they have a copyright case to go away?

As for the guy said he already has the lowercase domain, I wouldn't think he would be the type to spend any reasonable amount of money on a domain purchase anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back