IT.COM

status-replied Cannot send PM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bolo

Established Member
Impact
I am trying to send someone a private message with a few domains.

I keep getting the following error:
You must set a profile photo before you can post links (including email addresses).

I checked the rules and it says you can send domain names. I have no www or https in the message. I even have spaces between the domain name and the com or net.

Please help thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To help mitigate spam, accounts that don't have profile pictures are somewhat restricted. If you set a profile picture here, you should be able to send DMs with domain names. It doesn't need to be anything fancy; any reasonably-professional image will do.

•••
Thanks Paul but what I'm trying to do is apparently allowed even without having a profile picture

•••
As you participate on NamePros, you're granted more privileges. Our rules mostly describe our community's expectations: things you must or must not do. They're not too focused on the privileges you gain as you accrue trust and reputation within the community. That being said, we do explain limitations on new accounts, and the profile picture requirement is documented there. Most of these limitations are lifted over time as people participate and earn the community's trust.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back