IT.COM

advice Cannot get domain owners information

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello everyone! I need serious help. While this domain isn't super valuable, I would like to find the owner of it but the owner has his or herself completely shrouded. I looked up via WHOIS, search Google for the domain and to see if something pops up with the owner but absolutely no such luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions, other than hiring Sedo or GoDaddy brokerage services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I dont know if this is something new, because this has just happened in the last week or so, but twice.

I've had buyers on two different domains tell me that Godaddy directed them to contact me directly regarding my domain names. I had public whois, and landing pages on the domains (with a different email matching my portfolio site brand), but they contacted me by email saying godaddy directed them to me.

I was really firm about refusing to set a price on an afternic domain that received a low initial offer iMO for the domain. Afternic rep indicated it was a serious buyer, I said I need a serious offer. Maybe they started directing buyers to me as a result. I dont know, lol.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe the domain owner does not want to be found.

•••
•••
@namesquare sent me the domain via DM. I ran it through a bunch of services and databases, but I wasn't able to find anything. If the domain has ever been used, it predates the WHOIS and DNS history to which I have access. There isn't even enough info to easily find correlations with other domains.

With enough time, money, and direct access to raw data, you might be able to find some correlations, but I doubt you'd be able to get anything useful out of it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back