Dynadot

question Can people sell new words they invented (made up) ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elodo

Established Member
Impact
Hello to everybody! I'm new to the forums - and managed to come up with a very naive question already, if I may...

Are there any places where people can try to sell new words they invented (words they made up)?
(To sell them, like, for trademarks maybe... or smth like that?)

Or it doesn't work that way at all?

(I personally would believe that somebody inventing a good new word deserves to get paid for it in a same way somebody gets paid for a good new melody - but that's me)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can always register the word as a .com and if the word catches on your domain would become valuable.

You can also offer made-up words as brand names to companies on squadhelp.com, and they will pay you if they adopt your name.

Last edited:
•••
Squadhelp, BrandBucket, Brandpa are the largest I think. There are others, but look into those, as they are platforms primarily geared toward brandable terms. Good luck

•••
What you are referring to is known as a brandable domain name, and they sell all the time!

Welcome to NamePros!

Last edited:
•••
You mean, just sell the name instead of registering the domain name and sell it?
If yes, Check SquadHelp.
There is a section where you can join name idea contests and win amount if your name is chosen by the domain buyer / startup.

•••
It's a great idea, Elodo.
In China mainland, people often pay naming expert a naming fee to get good names for their children or business. I think you can make it work.

•••
Thank you very much for all your replies! - and also for welcoming me certainly :)
It is a pleasure to meet you.

I definitely will check out all those places ASAP!- never heard of them before. This is really interesting to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back