Dynadot

Can lawyer...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Can lawyer represent the party against me or be the penalist in my case if he was my lawyer in some past case.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Generally, no. That would represent a conflict of interest--under Professional Board standards. The attorney should contact you and ask for you to waive objection, otherwise the attorney should refrain from representing the other party or being on the panel. If the attorney ignores this advice, he/she could be reported to the state Board for potential disciplinary action.

•••
Thanks fonzie. I guess the same is in eu.

•••
I wanna be like Fonzie.... AAAYYYYYY...

•••
As Fonzie indicates, ethically, not without the approval of probably both parties. However, UDRP is not true "legal" cases, but a method of arbitration. The law of the country of one or both parties to a dispute may apply to complicate things.

If you have a problem with it, definitely make the point before the arbitration goes forward. Better to have it fixed before than have one party tempted to sue in a more expensive court if they later decide it was an unfair decision.

•••
As Mark said, object before the proceedings and make sure your objection is on the record. That way if the other party or attorney refuses to rectify the situation, you will have your objection noted and you can appeal later on these grounds if you have an unfavorable outcome at arbitration.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back