IT.COM

"Can I have a refund"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Buyer purchased domain through Godaddy. Has it for less than a month and wants a refund because google flagged his blog as spam. I said no.

First time for everything.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well people around can have a whole range of weird ideas

•••
I think he saw a cheaper alternative domain name elsewhere. Whatever the case, since he bought the domain from GD, you should refer him to GD ToS (terms of service).

Last edited:
•••
Bought an apple one time.
Took a bite and didn't like it.
Tried to return it with no success.
Not sure why they didn't take it back.
After all, I did not like it...:banghead:

•••
Buyer purchased domain through Godaddy. .
We all should find out GD's terms for this. So if someone pulls a stunt like this in the future you can just say "Take it up with Godaddy" and forget them.

•••
Bought an apple one time.
Took a bite and didn't like it.
Tried to return it with no success.
Not sure why they didn't take it back.
After all, I did not like it...:banghead:
Replace:
Bought with Marry
Apple with Wife
Took with F---
A bite with the Bitch

•••
We all should find out GD's terms for this. So if someone pulls a stunt like this in the future you can just say "Take it up with Godaddy" and forget them.

He was polite. I told him no, he thanked me anyways. Never hurts to ask I guess.

•••
He was polite. I told him no, he thanked me anyways. Never hurts to ask I guess.
Did you ask why his domain/blog was flagged as spam?

•••

u do not really have to say anything to anyone

you can just ignore everyone. once they pay to godaddy their money is gone.

if anyone wants to deal with godaddy to get money back, and in some super rare case they are successful at it... then godaddy eats the loss... that's the gd guarantee... which they can afford to offer because of the rarity of such events.. and how little they mean when they happen to their otherwise generated profits from sales.. a drop in the ocean literally... thats the nice thing about using godaddy auctions... the 20% fee seems like a lot.. but its just a bit more than a craphole like flippa... and also bit more than a lesser craphole like sedo... what is it.. 5% more at gd than those other places.. something like that..

so I am quite content and feel protected when selling on gd. which is where for me personally most of my sales and offers happen anyway.. I literally never had a single payment issue at gd for any sale.

they are not perfect.. but everything is relative.

•••
•••

That was far and away the best thing to do. Just politely tell them no and maybe even give them a short reasoning. It's important to remember that even if it's GoDaddy's marketplace that the sale went through, at the end of the day these are all *OUR* customers and potential future customers. It's in all *OUR* interests for end user domain customers to have the best customer experience possible (even if the answer is "no").

As you said .. it never hurts for them to ask .. just be polite and straight up .. that's the best you can do.

Particularly since they might now be looking for another domain! What niche was the name in? (I'm assuming you're not going to share the actual name? lol)

•••
Did you ask why his domain/blog was flagged as spam?
He showed me pics of the report from Google. A quick search on archive.org shows the prior websites was a blog.

Last edited:
•••
That was far and away the best thing to do. Just politely tell them no and maybe even give them a short reasoning. It's important to remember that even if it's GoDaddy's marketplace that the sale went through, at the end of the day these are all *OUR* customers and potential future customers. It's in all *OUR* interests for end user domain customers to have the best customer experience possible (even if the answer is "no").

As you said .. it never hurts for them to ask .. just be polite and straight up .. that's the best you can do.

Particularly since they might now be looking for another domain! What niche was the name in? (I'm assuming you're not going to share the actual name? lol)

I can't share the name but it's an automotive vertical. You're correct, good customer service is good business. I gave him a few ideas, offered to help in other ways.

Hoping it works out.

•••
Similar experience...
I had a domain leased for 3 years. After like 16 months he calls and starts to threaten to sue and this and that saying I was sabotaging the domain.

Like huh?

After a heated discussion we ended the lease.

Was an infuriating experience. Just one more person I learned never to do business with.

Ironically I tried to get him to not leave the domain in the first place because it was a .net domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back