IT.COM

Can Brandbucket buy its own names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Holgrave

Established Member
Impact
I've only been on Brandbucket for about 2 months and have 9 names on there. Last month I sold my first name and it is still resolving to their site with an "Inquire Now" button instead of a price. My question is this: Is it common for them to buy names from sellers on their platform and then turn them into "make offer" landing pages? It seems like a major conflict of interest if this is indeed the case. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would love to. But we would be better off working together as a team from this forum (y)

In that case someone could create a. Com brandable only thread on namepros whereby they list their. Com brandables with a price similar to bb prices and list them individually eg one brand per post so that they appear in np search engine

Eg if a person was to search for a brand that starts with the letter v etc if they typed v in to np search box it would be listed their etc similar to when typing in to Google search eg the more letters a person types eg v and say two more letters etc would give you a choice of brandable. Com domains to choose from

•••
A brandable name listing website could go further eg free listing (. Com brandable only) but a person can buy their way to the top places on the homepage eg via an auction format eg the top 8 brandable domains are there because they outbid the rest and paid to be there which is fair as everyone would have a fair chance to bid to have their name on the first 8 places easy to do just list all 8 places at $1 each and see who bids and how much and before long each week you'd find that a person would need a certain amount to even bid to be on those 8 places / squares - but it would be fair and open to everyone with a brandable. Com and or an alphabetical listing of brandable. Com domains because businesses will usually have some idea of what they are looking for before they click on a brandable domain website etc usually they know what letter they would like their brand to start with etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back