Domain Empire

Can anyone explain please?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I am a newbie in this domain business, so can anyone please explain how this works? I mean what kind of domains has the higest price? I know that .com is very valuable, but there are lots of domains at sedo that are sold for big $$$.

How do you appraisal domain names?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First off everyone is in this Business for different reasons. SOme as a hobby, some as a full time business. .com Is the preferred extension for doing business and has had the highest sales in the Industry. Reference Diamond.com selling this week for $7.5 million. But understand all the premium .com names LLL.com or 1 or 2 word genric names (men.com,fish.com etc...) were regged by people in the 90's when not many were paying attention to domain names as a viable business. You will not find any of these in the .com space. Some people have forged a niche in .net or .org buying LLL .nets or LLL.orgs a couple years ago for $25 to $50 and now reselling in the $200 $300 to $1500 range in the wholesale market. Others have found their niche in exts like .info or .biz or in COUNTRY CODES like .us, .co.uk, .de.

Never pay for an appraisal, there are many appraisal scams especially if you are new. There are many competent people here that can give you an appraisal. Remember though a domains real worth is what the buyer is willing to pay. Too many times new domainers think someone appraised my domain for $1000 and I can't sell it for even $100 why? That's because an appraisal is just an opinion, this is a very subjective business.

As a newbie I recommend you read www.dnjournal.com to get an overall view of the indutry. There is resources page there too with a list of a lot of things domainers use to buy and sell domains. Read the newbie section on NP.

Lastly decide what your budget is , How much are you really going to put into domaining and what do you want to get out of it. Too many people reg a bunch of domains with no plan then are stuck with domains they don't want.

•••
Thanks, that's a really helpful post, you know, my aim is to buy a domain for 10$ and resell it for at least 100$, I know it's hard but I think that there are words that worth those money. I'm just trying to make some money on the internet and willing to try everything :)

I am pretty experienced in the internet business but I'm quite new to domain industry. By the way is it possible to make 100$/month with domain parking?

I've noticed that the more results you get in Google for the name, the higher is the price, right?

•••
Moved to Domain Newbies.

Feim, even though many members that have been around for months don't take time to actually read through past posts, doing so will give you oodles of help.

Especially the domains at namefaqs.com or dnjournal.com or the lengthy posts in the Discussion forums here will answer most basic question, and then look for clarification on minutia in your posts, not the "big questions" ;) (And where, pray-tell, do puppies come from anyway? :) ).

-Allan :gl:

•••
Nice summary for a newbie, equity78.

Rep to be added. (seems I added rep to in some other thread recently so I have to spread it around a bit before I can add it to you again... apologies for the delay!)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back