IT.COM

question Can a .pro domain be ranked?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I purchased a .pro with the topic of the site in the name. So for example....keyword.pro. If I have original content and usual features for visitors do I have a chance at ranking this domain or is it going to be a challenge? Any insight is appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TLD doesn't matter for ranking.

•••
You, should look into Pro seo optimization.

•••
TLD has impact only on clickability in SERP...
And here no any problems with .PRO, it is very credible and old TLD (since 2004).

•••
TLD has impact only on clickability in SERP...
And here no any problems with .PRO, it is very credible and old TLD (since 2004).
I see your google skills but actually this could not be registered by most people until 2015. However, it is decent extension but shouldn't expect the site to just pop up high in google because of good articles. It takes hard work to seo it wisely.

•••
Any people could register .PRO even before 2015.
In Nov'2015 was lifted just formal SelfCertification (simple additional form).

•••
Any people could register .PRO even before 2015.
In Nov'2015 was lifted just formal SelfCertification (simple additional form).
"
The domain was originally launched in June 2004 with registrations restricted to four professions: accountants, engineers, lawyers and medical professionals in Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States.[1]"' That changed in 2015 and all professions or domainers could get it and even the general public for personal site too.
However, the point of the post is don't mislead someone into thinking if they got a good domain and good articles it will pop up in google results easily. It takes good seo to make the difference. No, site magically does well regardless of the extension, people even sometimes pay for keywords to show up in search results!

Last edited:
•••
Restriction regarding professions and countries was removed in Sep'2008.
.PRO was completely relaunched.

p.s. I massively invest in .PRO since 2010.

•••
Restriction regarding professions and countries was removed in Sep'2008.
.PRO was completely relaunched.

p.s. I massively invest in .PRO since 2010.
You are rather cool. Do you have any tips on seo for the thread poster?

•••
Use searchbox!
There are many such threads!

•••
I purchased a .pro with the topic of the site in the name. So for example....keyword.pro. If I have original content and usual features for visitors do I have a chance at ranking this domain or is it going to be a challenge? Any insight is appreciated!

You have original content (unique Content) then you are good to go. All you need to get quality do follow backlinks & social media presence.

I had ranked site with .xyz & .pw before selling it to someone else.

•••
Sorry, but your question has no meaning. Domains are not getting ranked. Websites are. Content, usability, etc.

•••
•••
Sorry, but your question has no meaning. Domains are not getting ranked. Websites are. Content, usability, etc.

No need to be sorry. Other members understood my question and were kind enough to take the time to actually answer it. I did make it pretty clear in my question that I would have original content and useful features which would indicate that it's a website with a .pro extension I am trying to rank, not just a domain.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back