Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Established CampusGrind.com

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

decibel05

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi,

Recently I have just received an email that someone wants to purchase the website CampusGrind.com (www.campusgrind.com).

I don't know what the selling price for a site like CampusGrind.com is. How much would any of you spend on a website like CampusGrind.com or would you know how much this kind of website is worth.

It's currently making very little money and is in the process of being marketed. I've worked on this website for 3 years now. It's been online now for 1.5 years.

Thanks,
Greg.
www.campusgrind.com
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
$200

let's start the bidding biatches..
 
0
•••
rex_b said:

is this $200 or $200,000? I'm confused because $200 and the offers I am getting seem to be very little.
The domain name campusgrind.net is on sale for $750 and this is just for the domain name.

Greg.
 
0
•••
If you secure campusgrind.net, .info .us etc. the package with the site will be worth $x,xxx,xxx with out em it is worth $xxx,xxx
 
0
•••
Query

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but you have been wasting all of our time if you possibly think this website is worth $200,000.

In the case of campusgrind.net. It is not what it is selling for, it is what it sells for.

I have sites that eats yours for breakfast in traffic and revenue. I will sell mine for $200,000 thank you yes please. Yours has little or no revenue after several years of hard slog.

Lyn - blond from Oz
 
0
•••
i'm interested but your asking price is "out of this world" :)
 
0
•••
Il buy the backend/script without any content for 300$
 
0
•••
For an asking price starting at $200,000 I'd expect the site to be bringing in over $10,000 a month.
 
0
•••
Sorry to say but I won't be able to sell the site now. The offers are pretty low. Instead I'm just going to work on the site and get more traffic and revenue.

Then I'll come back.
So far, the highest bidder is $1,300

Greg.
 
0
•••
????

This seller is in la la land. Suggest he takes the $1300 and heads for the hills.

Lyn
 
0
•••
agreed, but it was a nice script :P
The script is worth some money, but the site isnt worth squat
 
0
•••
Don't sell this yet, it has great potential.
 
0
•••
I'm not going to be selling the site since I have plans for the future with it. If you read my first post, I just received an email from someone who was asking for a price. I was just curious what the price would be.

I wasn't expecting offers like these. I think the best for me is to keep working on the site and doing some marketing.

The site has evolved tremendously from what it was when first released. Since the new release, about mid-October 2005, I am getting an average of 70 members signing up a week and this is growing.

Greg
 
0
•••
decibel05 said:
I'm not going to be selling the site since I have plans for the future with it. If you read my first post, I just received an email from someone who was asking for a price. I was just curious what the price would be.

I wasn't expecting offers like these. I think the best for me is to keep working on the site and doing some marketing.

The site has evolved tremendously from what it was when first released. Since the new release, about mid-October 2005, I am getting an average of 70 members signing up a week and this is growing.

Greg
i'm the one that sent you the email -Jeff (If you said $1300 is too low what offer would you consider? )

70 signups a week is not alot. My other site gets 1000 signups/day and it makes way more money in comparison.
 
0
•••
Since the value of a website is based on traffic, members, and revenue, I most likely wouldn't be able to get a lot for the site. If I were to sell it let's say for $1,300 I wouldn't feel too good. I wasn't sure how much a site like this could be presently worth, but I was thinking in the thousands.

If the right buyer were to purchase this site, he or she would just need to keep working and marketing the site and this site can make some good revenue.

As for now, I don't think I can sell the site since it's not in the position yet to be sold. The best I think I can do now is just keep working and marketing.

:guilty: Sorry about this,
Greg
 
0
•••
msg me the price u'd be willing to sell for but just keep in mind that without alot of members (230) anyone on scriptlance etc can just copy it for a low price.
 
0
•••
Decibel, ignore these guys. I havent signed up but if you have all the features you have listed on the front page (and they are more indepth than just a messageboard) then I think this website has a lot of potential, just keep working at it and you might turn out to be the next pioneer like Ebay, Google or Myspace.
 
0
•••
The features you are talking about are being provided by many other websites. Some of these websites are in beta too, but once they come out of beta, you can find all the features there. For example, orkut, rate my professor and others.

my 2 cents.

Flaresolutions said:
Decibel, ignore these guys. I havent signed up but if you have all the features you have listed on the front page (and they are more indepth than just a messageboard) then I think this website has a lot of potential, just keep working at it and you might turn out to be the next pioneer like Ebay, Google or Myspace.
 
0
•••
decibel05 ( Greg ), don't waste your time with those lame offers, it's clearly worth in the $xx,xxx range EASILY. I suggest you go through with your plans and develope it. I wish the best of luck to you and your community.
 
0
•••
I think many of you have a warped sense of value.
This is a site with competition out the wazoo, little members and no revenue.
Yeah, im sure the offers are gonna come flying in... :rolleyes:
 
0
•••
Obviously you have no sense of potential. Actually, I bet you aren't even aware of the meaining of potential, considering that, allow me to define it.

Potential: Existing in possibility: capable of development.

I do understand interpretation is another step in order for you to understand, good luck with that.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back