Domain Empire

.ca .CA To Be Released (TBR) Weekly Picks for March 28

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We've just posted our .TBR Weekly Picks for March 28, 2018, and some of the highlights include KOI.ca, BNF.ca, YCC.ca, Deny.ca, Rarities.ca, Shawarmas.ca, and Vibrance.ca.

DomainRecap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
^ BUMP

Cuz today is the day, so make your picks and then post what you got.

•••
I backordered Koi and Vibrance. Don't expect to get them, but that's the only value I saw.

•••
It looks like all the premium domains were taken, and KOI.ca is at post-reg auction.

•••
I saw that someone had bid over $1200 for a name at Namespro.ca
That made me go over the list again but I still don't see anything of that value. To each their own I guess.

•••
All it really takes is a pair of companies looking for a domain (likely an LL or LLL) and the prices can get pretty out of whack. KOI.ca is about the only one I can think of, and that's now at auction over at Baremetal.

What's really strange is that if you bid $1200 over at NP, you pay $1200 and it's not like an auction. Strange why someone would go that high just to get first place - were there similar bids like $900, $1000, $1100 that forced the bidder to go up?.

•••
I just checked and it's really weird - the next-highest bid to the $1288 one was only $225.

•••
With Namespro there is no way of knowing what the name is unless you bid on it yourself. I'm sure someone has a reason for it, but I didn't see anything worth that price. Obviously someone wanted it bad!

•••
Sure, but the key is that they didn't need to bid that high in order to be first in line at NP.

I think the bidder just didn't understand how it works, as the FAQ over there is pretty screwed up. It *reads* like it follows auction "next highest bid" rules, but it actually does not and what you pay what you bid.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back