Dynadot

.ca .ca CIRA Membership Survey

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Did you fill out the CIRA membership survey?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

dtagr

Chris StephensonTop Member
Impact
Just filled out the membership survey from my inbox this morning. Mostly generic questions aimed at discovering what opinions members hold about CIRA and not the extension.

The survey was conducted by "The Strategic Counsel, an independent national public opinion and marketing research firm, and Research Now, a data collection firm".

I emailed the inquiry address at "The Strategic Counsel" detailing what a missed opportunity to seek relevant information from CIRA members.

Here is the body of that email:

Just filled out your survey, thought you missed some very important questions, namely:

1.How many .ca domain names have you or your organization purchased?

2.When purchasing a domain name, is .ca your first choice in extensions? Or are there others that are more suitable?

3.How would you rate CIRA in it's role of promoting the .ca extension to Canadian businesses/organizations?

4.Do you support Canadian presence requirements for purchasing/resale of .ca domain names? Please provide a type in field for the answer.

What a missed opportunity!

Regards,

Chris Stephenson

www.domainportfolio.ca

My purpose in posting this thread is to have some debate over the answers to the questions I have posed (I know some of you support Canadian presence requirements, I am opposed). Also to find out if any NP'rs have also filled out the survey and what your overall impression of the survey and of CIRA itself is.

Edit:Forgot to mention that "The Strategic Counsel" is a Toronto/Ottawa firm that uses "thestrategiccounsel.com" for their website. CIRA can't even get their suppliers to use the dot ca

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back