Dynadot

.bz domain value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
People,
What would in general be your opinion on the value of .bz domains. I mean top keyword and 2/3 char/lett. domains.
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My experiance=Zero undeveloped. If you could get a top Keyword for the $35/year they charge, mayby. But Most charge $500 for that catagory.

I got Britain.bz for $35 because Belizenic made a mistake and reserved Britian.bz at the $500 price. I would think that would qualify as a top keyword. Couldn't sell it anywhere for over reg fee. Let it expire this past December rather than pour more $$ into it. Mistake? Maybe. Prolly should have tried to develop it, but had no time.

Cheers,

Sharpy

•••
Yeah, I have to agree with Sharpy. .bz was marketed as the super great alternative to .biz, but it hasn't turned out to be super or great, nor an alternative.

Who wants an alternative (.bz --> .biz) to an alternative (.biz --> .com) anyway?

•••
I once thought of getting some travel related domains in the .bz that would fit with the Belize country intersests like scuba.bz, reefs.bz or fishing.bz, but resisted the temptation. I don't regret it at all, even though they may have been useful to develop for tourism.

I agree. To resell, pass. To develop, okay if you get a REALLY good one.

•••
Originally posted by AdoptableDomains
I once thought of getting some travel related domains in the .bz that would fit with the Belize country intersests like scuba.bz, reefs.bz or fishing.bz, but resisted the temptation. I don't regret it at all, even though they may have been useful to develop for tourism.

I agree. To resell, pass. To develop, okay if you get a REALLY good one.

That was creative thinking. But I agree, probably not worth the effort.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back