IT.COM

Bypass GoDaddy 60 day transfer lock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
does anyone know how to get around this godaddy 60 day transfer lock? i changed my email address on the domain name before selling it and BAM I cant sell it now.

I called and bitched louder than I have ever bitched before, they dont care. Ill cut you in 80 dollars from the domain name sale if you can help me bypass the lock!

My buyer keeps saying he wants the domain and if I cant transfer it to him he can find something else. :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well you can still push the domain to another godaddy account.
However, if the buyer wants to transfer to his/her usual registrar, that won't do unless you somebody at GD is willing to release the lock.
Godaddy thanks your for your loyalty :hi:

•••
does anyone know how to get around this godaddy 60 day transfer lock? i changed my email address on the domain name before selling it and BAM I cant sell it now.

I called and bitched louder than I have ever bitched before, they dont care. Ill cut you in 80 dollars from the domain name sale if you can help me bypass the lock!

My buyer keeps saying he wants the domain and if I cant transfer it to him he can find something else. :(

Did you register or transfer the domain within the last 60 days? If so, you cannot bypass the lock.

If the domain is older than 60 days and hasn't been transferred, and all you did was modify the whois, then call them up. Tell them it's against ICANN regulations and they should undo it for you.

•••
I am guessing you don't do enough business at godaddy to have a vip rep

Its really not hard to talk someone into receiving a name at godaddy if they want the name bad enough.

If there a stubborn "godaddy sucks" domainer that another story

•••
It's only if the ownership changes that a new 60 day hold goes into effect. If you change only the email address, that will not change the domain status. So I suspect this is a newly registered domain, less than 60 days old, or you also changed the ownership details as well. You can see when the 60 day hold expires by clicking on the domain name in the control panel. as others have said. You can still push the domain to another GoDaddy account. Ask your buyer to open an account at GoDaddy, and then push the domain into their account.

PS: You cannot bypass a 60 day hold, so don't even bother to try to ask Godaddy to do it.

•••
PS: You cannot bypass a 60 day hold, so don't even bother to try to ask Godaddy to do it.

This is incorrect. There are ways as long as the domain has been with GD for > 60 days.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

As long as the domain is not a newly registered domain (< 60 days) and not a domain you recently transferred into GD (<60 days) feel free to PM me and I will see if I can assist.

•••
jdk said:
This is incorrect. There are ways as long as the domain has been with GD for > 60 days.

You must know God in their Legal Department at GoDaddy because my Account Manager told me about a year ago to stop asking him to break this lock and referred me to their Legal Department if I wanted to pursue it with any domain. He was under instruction to say that (when I objected). At which point it was impossible to break the 60 day lock.

•••
It's actually easy to bypass that Godaddy lock.
Stop using Godaddy :)

I'm not talking about new regs, they must remain at the same registrar for the first 60 days. It's an ICANN rules for all registrars.
However, the 60-day lockdown on whois change is Godaddy-specific.

•••
Godaddy is so f.king big that they don't care about icann rules.
But sending them an email and telling them about this rule, might help.
As long as the domain name is not newly registered.
Then also ICANN says no.

•••
it is impossible, GiftedDomains, to bypass the 60 day hold at GoDaddy, no matter what jdk and sdsinc says.

•••
Even godaddy also wants to do their business so definitely they won't release the domain before 60 days. the only thing which you can do is to make your buyer to start an account in Godaddy and get the domain transferred to him! Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back