NameSilo

domain BuyLeads.net

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

lexcollect

Account Closed
Impact
3
what are your thoughts on - BuyLeads.net
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
no takers.
 
0
•••
7000-10000 usd

Yes, I believe that people afraid to say the fair price because nowadays everyone here competes against others ( materialistic idea ). I bet that if someone from the people who saw this request for an appraisal owned BuyLeads.net then they would be sure this domain is even beyond the 10k range.

Good luck with this domain name it has a great potential!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
thank you gprix for the first say.
 
0
•••
At least in my opinion, Im not a fan of the domain name. Who would use this domain name? If I am a Lead Generating company, would I use the Domain "BuyLeads.net"?

Nope. It comes off poorly and its almost too generic. Leads are a funny business, and each industry tends to have its own way of doing things. Financial leads vs Service leads, etc.

I think gprix valuation is completely out of line and unrealistic. I dont see an end-user coming for this domain name. My valuation puts it in the low to mid xxx range. Im sure others will disagree - but thats my 2 cents. Good luck.
 
0
•••
Yes you are very right! Its too generic and this is where its power is.
With 2,710,000 results in Google for the phrase "buy leads" and 27000 Global Searches Per Month according to Google Keyword Tool I bet it's a huge domain. Considering the fact that it's a .NET and it's too generic it's a perfect choice for any leads broker.
 
0
•••
I have to agree with Spade that low to mid $xxx is more realistic. Maybe gprix would be willing to buy it from OP for $1-2K if it's worth that much? Lets make a deal here. I'll waive my usual 40% brokerage commission. ;)
 
0
•••
I agree with low to mid $XXX. It is a decent domain to the right buyer, but there are far too many alternatives to pay much more.

Brad
 
0
•••
:) let's take a deep breath. I would say that someone here is probably trying to under estimate it and get it for xxx which is most likely to be true. Then your 40% would be on the price I suggested which is not bad.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Brad I will be very happy to see some of the many alternatives. Let's see together.
 
0
•••
Agreed with Spade, $7k-$10k+ is just ridiculously high...

If I was an experienced end-user looking at this then I wouldn't bid more than $250 for it personally, the name is just too generic and I do not know what kind of leads people wish to buy...

Is it leads for amplifiers?
Is it leads for sales calls?
Is it leads for dvd players?

The .net is also orphaned in it, had it been the .com or very strong cctld like .uk or .de then I would've said higher...as it is it simply looks like a poor substitute :/

It is not a bad domain name, it is just not an elite domain name that would bring in the high numbers.
 
0
•••
Sparhawke, is business dot com too generic too? You would pay up to $250 ( me too ) because me and you we both don't have any idea what to do with this domain name but what if we were in the leads business?

"The domain name net is a generic top-level domain (gTLD) used in the Domain Name System of the Internet. The name is derived from network, indicating its originally intended purpose for organizations involved in networking technologies, such as Internet service providers and other infrastructure companies. However, restrictions were never enforced and the domain is a general purpose name space. It is still popular with network operators, and is often treated as an alternate to com.

net is one of the original top-level domains[1] (the other five being com, edu, gov, mil, and org) despite not being mentioned in RFC 920, having been created in January 1985. As of 2009, it is the fourth most popular top-level domain, after com, cn, and de.[2]"
 
0
•••
.Com is recognised as commercial.

.Org is recognised as non profit.

.Net has no real identity but is a mishmash of random domains, therefore it is orphaned regardless of what some numbers say.

Tell me now, what identity does .net have where you can say? "go to this extension it is for ..."

~~~

Now we have got that out of the way I stand by what I say and will not even entertain that idiotic comment about business.com since there can be absolutely no misunderstandings about what that is and what it is for, and can be used from the tiniest back alley shop to the biggest corporation in any part of the world.

What possible reason do you have for valuing buyleads.net at $7-10k??!

Really, I would like to hear this.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
This conversation is no longer constructive. I am out of it.
 
0
•••
Yes you are very right! Its too generic and this is where its power is.
With 2,710,000 results in Google for the phrase "buy leads" and 27000 Global Searches Per Month according to Google Keyword Tool I bet it's a huge domain. Considering the fact that it's a .NET and it's too generic it's a perfect choice for any leads broker.


I think your missing the point. I currently work for a lead generation company. In our case, as in most, we deal in a very specific niche of leads. It wouldn't make sense for us to buy a domain name like BuyLeads.net - because it doesn't fit what we do.

Additionally, it likely receives no natural traffic. Even if it is a heavily searched keyword, type in traffic will only go to the .com. Frankly, I personally wouldn't register this domain name if it was available, as I dont see a lead gen company wanting it. The phrase itself is demanding and doesn't bring out an image of a "real" company.
 
0
•••
thank you all for the participation, I now have an idea for this one.
 
0
•••
Why fight over a name..

Its true what Sparhawke trying to say, .NET will always make a good investments as developed site. The bad thing is, since BUYLEADS represent a huge business trend.... its will have to be.COM. I'm not saying .NET is bad, only the market or specifically the people have been brain washed to believe any big business must be .COM.

The Q is, are u wish to just flip it or get it developed ? If u wanna flip it, then I'm afraid Sparhawke is right with his view. But you will make tons more money if spend time to develop it as directory for all the leads buyer or the provider since the business basically communicate with people who are used to internet and not those end users.

Wish you good luck with undeniable good domain.

:wave:

Mano
 
0
•••
P.S.

Who is going to show me now a domain name which has the following parameters:

1. Listed with price up to $500 for sale or is free for registration
2. .NET
3. Contains the word BUY in it
4. Search phrase and according to Google keyword tool has 27000 searches per month or more

You can try with with any product and any service. Just give me one single example.


Good Luck! :)
 
0
•••
buyipods.net $20 2007-11-06 bazaar.afternic.com
buyheadsets.net $810 2007-02-19 Sedo
buytraffic.net $650 2004-09-23 Afternic
buy.net $45,450 2006-05-30 MonikerTraffic

I would put buyleads.net at 500-1000 (wholesale). Still, the .com is a nicely developed site. The right end user could see 7k-10k, but this would be winning the lottery to find them. Nice name, find that end user!
 
0
•••
P.S.

Who is going to show me now a domain name which has the following parameters:

1. Listed with price up to $500 for sale or is free for registration
2. .NET
3. Contains the word BUY in it
4. Search phrase and according to Google keyword tool has 27000 searches per month or more

You can try with with any product and any service. Just give me one single example.


Good Luck! :)


Unfortunately, your not quite right. "Buy Leads" has 2,900 exact searches per month, not 27k. You looking at the Broad term, not the exact term.
 
0
•••
oh, Spade,I should have cited my source. Those results came from Namebio.;)
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back