IT.COM

Burst.net Sucks

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Alright I have 3 burst net VPS accounts ...

Anyhow how pay something like 110ish a month to keep them alive.

Was late to make the payment by 1 day. All VPS are terminated and I have opened 2 tickets in the last 48 hours and also one before the payment was due and nothing.

I just paid them the money yesterday looks like they have taken my money and ran.

What can I say besides I ... >:(.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I understand this provider is well-known and widely advertised? Having such a bad support experience is unfortunately a common thing with branded hosts

•••
As I understand this provider is well-known and widely advertised? Having such a bad support experience is unfortunately a common thing with branded hosts

Yes it is i guess no i need to find a new server and i have 100 some dollars short. Oh and they some how manage to respond to paypal claims faster but do nothing but bash me in front of paypal instead of lets say using the same time to see that i payed the money and click a button so my vps is back up. I even told them i would pay them the extra recreation fee too but they have decided against providing me with service ... that is what it looks like to me.

•••
This is just an update .. they have decided to suspend the other active VPS because I made a dispute on paypal.

•••
Confuse. Why the dispute?

IMO
First you're late to pay the bill. They do have right to terminate. Read their T&C.
Same scenario, if you're late to pay bank loan can you request bank to reverse the interest charges?

•••
I had a vps with them some time before. It was good, cheap and didn't have any issues. If your business depends on the servers, it is better to have a paypal subscription and link paypal to your credit card, so that you won't miss a payment.

•••
try knownhost instead, I am with them and have no problem even if I am late for a couple of days.Once I accidentally deleted my site account but they had a regular vps backup ready for me.
Support is also great and the price is reasonable. They just added the features badwidth and space for the new year promo if I am not mistaken.

•••
i filed a dispute 3 days after I paid the money and had no response. But, they did not full fill their part of the service. 3 days no reply to support ticket and nothing happening what would you do?

•••
Do they have a grace period if you don't pay the bill on date? If they don't have, as per their policy they are right. I am not trying to be harsh mate, I can clearly understand your situation. Normally a host would suspend the services first, and once you pay reactivate.

•••
I agree,

Burst.net billing can be a asshole, and they don't always follow there terms of service statements, I have had another client that came to us have the same issue with that happening, but they where only late by 1 hour, and they suspended all 6 of his active services and he never had a issue or prior problem with them in the billing, they had to wend up refund him all of his services as the case wended up being posted on WHT.

I do like Burst.net though, overall what can you expect? There just a old-fart budget provider.

•••
Do they have a grace period if you don't pay the bill on date? If they don't have, as per their policy they are right. I am not trying to be harsh mate, I can clearly understand your situation. Normally a host would suspend the services first, and once you pay reactivate.

yes they have like a 5 day grace period.

•••
We've had a bad experience with Burst in the past too. If you haven't already, I'd recommend taking your business elsewhere

•••
Yes, they do. I tried them out last month and could never get my site completely running. I had to get another host. They are incompetent at best.

•••
Jesus, I never thought this many providers would have such a bad exp. with them.. They are a budget provider you have to take into consideration also.

I personally wouldn't use them for any budget service anyways.. @XeHost - What did you guy's have with them?

•••
I agree,

Burst.net billing can be a asshole, and they don't always follow there terms of service statements, I have had another client that came to us have the same issue with that happening, but they where only late by 1 hour, and they suspended all 6 of his active services and he never had a issue or prior problem with them in the billing, they had to wend up refund him all of his services as the case wended up being posted on WHT.

I do like Burst.net though, overall what can you expect? There just a old-fart budget provider.

Jesus, I never thought this many providers would have such a bad exp. with them.. They are a budget provider you have to take into consideration also.

I personally wouldn't use them for any budget service anyways.. @XeHost - What did you guy's have with them?

You are a competitor...

Trying to climb yourself to the top is one thing,, but if you are going to do that by throwing mud at your competitors, then its very bad...

If this is your character, I will be thinking twice before I ever deal with Hostlatch

Last edited:
•••
More negative data makes less clients. But will it really help?

•••
You are a competitor...

Trying to climb yourself to the top is one thing,, but if you are going to do that by throwing mud at your competitors, then its very bad...

If this is your character, I will be thinking twice before I ever deal with Hostlatch

just google their name lol.

Oh well I just wanted people to know my experience with them. Life goes on I switched to a different datacenter and burst lost a couple hundred dollars a month.

•••
You are a competitor...

I'm a burst fan, I just said I wouldn't use them for a budget service such as purchasing a $5 VPS with them? How am I talking shit on them or in your words "trying to climb up the top", I could careless about being the best or the worst. It's hosting, each person has a different feel of each company depending on what requirements they have and what the company provides. I also shouldn't be compared to burst for simple reason there much older, bigger, and offer tons of more services then we at HL do.

But thanks for your tip :)

I have stuff inside Scranton, PA @Burst, the reason I can say there support ticketing system is kinda slow, and their billing can be tight-wads sometimes :)

Nothing here promoting my self, or downing them.

I even mentioned in my first post,

-Shawn.

Tip2you: I'm fine without you checking out us :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back