discuss Bullish.com sold $1,080,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi

Have noticied this sale ?

Why is it sold this high ! Bitcoin effect ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait, wasn't it reported as sold for $900k just a few weeks ago?

[edit] https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2020/20201125.htm

"Editor's Note: The price for Bullish.com was originally reported in this column as $900,000 on Nov. 11, 2020 (the net amount received by the seller) because the broker's fee (paid by the buyer) was not disclosed. We learned what that amount was on Nov. 16 and updated the price paid to $1,080,000 on that date)."

So finally some public sale broke the 7-figures mark.

Last edited:
•••
180k in fees to Godaddy......

Was this a brokered deal or did the buyer just purchase it via their platform?

Edit...

Was brokered......just did some reading

Last edited:
•••
This sale will make one person happy !

The owner of: Bearish///com

Same value domain name (if he is not the current buyer of bullish.com), a new sale is expected in the next bear market.

•••
Its also an actual dictionary word and a powerful one at that

•••
This sale will make one person happy !

The owner of: Bearish///com

Same value domain name (if he is not the current buyer of bullish.com), a new sale is expected in the next bear market.

Not really the same value, imho. Bullish has a positive connotation to it. Same can't be said for bearish

•••
Not really the same value, imho. Bullish has a positive connotation to it. Same can't be said for bearish

Yup!
it’s like saying
Optimism.com same value as Pessimism.com
Try avoid negative words!
I’m bullish of future; only time not;
I am Bearish on the prospects of this leading to 7 figure sale for Bearish.com :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
A rare name where the "ish" = $$$$$$

Huge sale.

Thanks for sharing.

•••

It has a same value if it is related to TRADING CRYPTO / Stocks (I was wondering if the reason was the bitcoin price that makes the current owner buy the domain name.). If you follow the currents news about cryptocurrencies, bitcoin was about to reach again the new ATH (All Time High) of december 2017 and PayPal already integrated it to their platform, and stock market are pretty Bearish this last days ... So, it can be this events that push the buyer to own it (Time will tell us).

Bullish and Bearish terms are heavily used on this niche at the same level, why ? Because the market that decides the trend that it follows, it is just like UP and DOWN. Or atleast, if the buyer is a crypto fan or related to a crypto exchange CEO ... both terms worth same IMO.

If you refer to other use cases, you are probably right.

Last edited:
•••
It has a same value if it is related to TRADING CRYPTO / Stocks (I was wondering if the reason was the bitcoin price that makes the current owner buy the domain name.). If you follow the currents news about cryptocurrencies, bitcoin was about to reach again the new ATH (All Time High) of december 2017 and PayPal already integrated it to their platform, and stock market are pretty Bearish this last days ... So, it can be this events that push the buyer to own it (Time will tell us).

Bullish and Bearish terms are heavily used on this niche at the same level, why ? Because the market that decides the trend that it follows, it is just like UP and DOWN. Or atleast, if the buyer is a crypto fan or related to a crypto exchange CEO ... both terms worth same IMO.

I know how bearish is used in trading terms, whether stock trading, commodity trading or any other trading for that matter.

Who wants to build a business or website around a downward trend?

Most people want to have success, health and money. Doesn't mean that words like failure.com, sickness.com and bearish.com don't have value at all. Just not the same value. In my opinion.

Can you honestly say that life.com and death.com have the same value even if they are terms that go hand in hand?

•••
Mental shrugs shoulders and laughs thinking has to be stock market ego.just wow.

•••
I know how bearish is used in trading terms, whether stock trading, commodity trading or any other trading for that matter.

Who wants to build a business or website around a downward trend?

Most people want to have success, health and money. Doesn't mean that words like failure.com, sickness.com and bearish.com don't have value at all. Just not the same value. In my opinion.

Can you honestly say that life.com and death.com have the same value even if they are terms that go hand in hand?

If I were a CEO of a trading platform, I will buy both domain names and redirect them to my exchange, they are compatible and used at the same rate depend on the situation.

So bullish.com will be used only when the trend is upward, when the market crash and go down it's of no use ... or they have to scam people and FOMO to buy no matter where the trend is going (Like most influencers are doing currently).

It's not a question to open a new business under Bullish/Bearish domains, it's a matter of use cases.

I am talking about Trading only like I said it already.

After some searchs, it seem that the domain name is owned by MarkMonitor, one person already made a similar search on another domain name from here:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/welcome-to-google-checkout-that-will-be-3-14/

MarkMonitor's service is domain name management, where they manage your valuable domain names, secures it from any attacks/security risks and looks after renewals, they also help keep watch for trademark infringements which requires lawyers etc.

That being said, their service will cost you an arm and a leg ... so as result, we can't know at the moment the owner of this domain name but one thing is sure, his bank account is packed and comes at the right moment with the bitcoin second ATH. I don't know if they are the new owners or for one of their clients.

And finally, thanks for your opinion ... everyone has their own vision of things :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Am I crazy, Am I silly, am I stupid or am I just Bul/l/l/l/sh...

yea so fun fact(normally not my thing) I went to type BULLISH into my web browser "fast" might I add

I hit 'L" button one extra time mistakenly.....HUH???

hmmm interesting...

So I took a look...

Yeah it was available ...

Bu///ish(.com)

Not a bad typo huh???:xf.eek:

(The highest sale of a typo domain we've ever seen and the $200,000 sale of a domain that had been donated to a charity headline another big week of domain sales. You may need smelling salts after looking at the whopping $242,400 price paid for the #1 domain, Mortage.com at Moniker.com/DomainSystems.com. " -DNJOURNAL

Edit : even google search with 3 "L" returns many results where 3 "L"s were typed LOL
Not just me :xf.laugh: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...U6QjABHRj6CxoQvgUoAXoECAwQMQ&biw=1518&bih=734

Last edited:
•••
yea so fun fact(normally not my thing) I went to type BULLISH into my web browser "fast" might I add

Try cleaning breadcrumbs from your keyboard. :-P

•••
•••
Am I crazy, Am I silly, am I stupid or am I just Bul/l/l/l/sh...

hmmm interesting...

So I took a look...

Yeah it was available ...

Bu///ish(.com)

Not a bad typo huh???:xf.eek:

(The highest sale of a typo domain we've ever seen and the $200,000 sale of a domain that had been donated to a charity headline another big week of domain sales. You may need smelling salts after looking at the whopping $242,400 price paid for the #1 domain, Mortage.com at Moniker.com/DomainSystems.com. " -DNJOURNAL

Edit : even google search with 3 "L" returns many results where 3 "L"s were typed LOL
Not just me :xf.laugh: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...U6QjABHRj6CxoQvgUoAXoECAwQMQ&biw=1518&bih=734

Good luck with it ;) it can be a valuable gems ... who knows !

•••
What would you say for bullishandbearish///com

•••
So high? Are you high? That is a right amount for that domain.

•••
This is a good sale.

7 figures for a quality name is fair for all. (y)

•••
Will the combo hold same value?
😁

Last edited:
•••
What about the root word of bullish? Bull(.)com is directed to atos(.)net

•••
Edited

Last edited:
•••
•••
1 million on a non-working domain name, nice ... hope to see something good on it in the near future.

Would be great if there is a list with all 1 million + domains that are actually developed into something

Last edited:
•••
Back