IT.COM

domain BTCForums.com, asking for appraisal or comment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys, please give me your insight on this domain name
Bitcoins are gaining in popularity and regardless of the fact that there are new emerging e-currencies out there, it is the only one that is there to stay

Unlike other currencies like USD EUR etc, this is a virtual currency and users of this currency are much more involved with IT and internet, thus a forum domain name like BTCForums.com is much more valuable or has the potential to become more valuable, than USDForums.com and similar forum domains

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BTC doesn't want for forums, but it's a decent domain.
It's also the sort of name you could wait around forever on and get no action. I've owned some pretty huge (keyword)forum/s.com domains in the past. Little to no end user to cold inquiry action, but the one I developed did well.

Build it. You can get forum software for free.

•••
To be honest amongst the Bitcoin community, bitcointalk.org is far too engrained and the go to forum for anything Bitcoin, I personally don't feel developing this is worthwhile, which means unfortunately I don't see an awful lot of value. But that's just my opinion and I wish you good luck! :)

•••
•••
To be honest amongst the Bitcoin community, bitcointalk.org is far too engrained and the go to forum for anything Bitcoin, I personally don't feel developing this is worthwhile, which means unfortunately I don't see an awful lot of value. But that's just my opinion and I wish you good luck! :)

When a big standard forum establishes itself in a topical niche, it won't ever be 'unseated' but that doesn't mean there isn't a market for alternate forums. BTC is a fasciting world with a lot of fascinating players. There's probably room for a few different niche forums.

•••
thanks for the input guys:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back