IT.COM

Branded Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bigesh Chandra

Impact
What will be the current value of a .org domain? whose .com is sold for $3500. It is a branded 2 word domain for tech/gaming 🙂
Similar domains are a high authority websites. And are 7-10 years old.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try and avoid .org names, not easy names to sell. They dont really suits tech niches either and primarily used (not always though) for non-profit orgs and charities.

•••
Try and avoid .org names, not easy names to sell. They dont really suits tech niches either and primarily used (not always though) for non-profit orgs and charities.
Yes indeed. But .net is sold for $1300 and also it can be used as a charity.

•••
Yes indeed. But .net is sold for $1300 and also it can be used as a charity.

Unfortunately, the net sales doesn't mean a lot. A gaming/tech site can be used as a charity?

•••
•••
I’ve sold more than a few .orgs and they priced out well, look at other extentions of your name not just the .com and see if they are taken hence increasing your value.

•••
Generally the only reason I buy a dot org is I am the end user.

•••
.org comes in handy sometimes.... cyb.org would be cool to have :xf.smile:

Seriously though, I only buy them when I have a unique brand and want to own all the viable extensions. I have never made money on one but there have been lots of nice .org sales so if you think you have a unique domain then I say why not, go for it.... worst case, you lose a reg fee.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back