Dynadot

.BOSTON

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Victor H Pitts

Dir. of Premium SalesVIP Member
Impact
This post is to update all that are interested in knowing more about the .boston top level domain.

MMX launched the first phase of availability for the new .boston top level domain on August 1.

The “Sunrise” phase gives Boston businesses with trademarks first priority in claiming their .boston domain names through August 31. The commencement of the Sunrise phase marks a 70-day countdown until general availability of .boston domains for the public on October 10, 2017.

The next and last phase before general availability — the community phase — will commence on August 8th, at which time .boston domain names will be made available to government entities and nonprofit organizations at a discounted rate.

Starting on October 10th, names will be made available to the general public through leading registrars in the US on a first-come-first-served basis. A number of registrars will likely allow pre-registrations starting in mid-September when wider marketing initiatives for .boston begin. Domains classified by MMX as premium reserve domains can be bought before general availability, with possession given on October 10th. These names range from living and entertainment, to occupational, as well as 1, 2, and 3 character domain names. If interested, contact http://mmx.co/solutions/premium-names.

With the launch of .boston, Boston becomes only the fourth city in the US with a top level domain, providing a unique opportunity for Boston residents, businesses and local organizations to set themselves apart from competitors, and signal their direct association with “Beantown”.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well well well.... first off- congratulations on the launch! Shout out to Boston!!! There's always so much going on here in Boston both on a local and international scale that I'm excited to see this extension take off. I've been waiting for this one. The general availability phase will be interesting to watch and partake in! GO .Boston!

Last edited:
•••
Well well well.... first off- congratulations on the launch! Shout out to Boston!!! There's always so much going on here in Boston both on a local and international scale that I'm excited to see this extension take off. I've been waiting for this one. The general availability phase will be interesting to watch and partake in! GO .Boston!

You are right. There is always something going on in Boston. Our team was recently at the BostonFest which brings together tech companies from the area, to meet with the public.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back